1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Carmelo Anthony set to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the signing of Carmelo Anthony?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2019.
  1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, I didn't prove your point, unless your point was that Luc's importance was on CP's level.

Exactly my point. You have to provide the context of that record to prove anything.

Bobsputin likes this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He's got the same spoiled attitude that Dwight has. Some people will spin it as a positive or at worst a non-issue, but this is not a good mindset to have at all.

cheke64 likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't see any poster who claim that Tucker and Ariza are "better" than Melo. It depends on what you mean by "better." You keep pointing to Melo's being a HOFer shows that your idea of "better" is either about a player's career achievement or how much talent a player has. Nobody in the right mind would argue with you if "better" meant that.

What I see some people argue is that Ariza was "better" at helping the Rockets win than Melo was at helping OKC win, and by extension better than Melo would be at helping the Rockets win if we sign him. This point is debatable, not a given like Melo being a future HOFer. I don't know if there is any objective way to prove one way or the other. But saying that Melo will be in the HOF and Ariza won't is not going to add anything to the debate.

Like I said, Dwight is clearly a better player than Ariza in terms of talent and career achievement. But very few Rockets fans would rather have Dwight over Ariza at this point. In fact, most Melo-doubters see Melo in the same light as they see Dwight, a former superstar with attitude and ego issues who might have already declined.

4. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Sidenote, that show "The Jump" is one of the most objective basketball related shows I've ever seen. They have 0 agenda outside of Windhorst and LeBron but other than that they're all insightful, honest and its fun to watch.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Now yall can believe it. Seemed obvious to me its gonn work in htown. We.just added one more iso guy. Im just watering the mouth when we play golden state n now u have 3 guys that can attack curry lmao. He wont survive lmao. Im dead serious we gonna break him

6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Just to be clear. Melo will come off the bench!! After he takes his first breather with CP3, him and Paul will get off the bench and enter the game again. This is about the 2-3 min mark in the first quarter when MVP gets his first rest. At that time the rotation will be CP,EG,JE,Melo,(insert back up center).

I truly believe he will start at the 3 and play backup 4. DA is going to stagger his mins similar to CP.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I can definitely see that parallel as you guys dealt with a similar situation in Dwight. Both Dwight and Melo suffer from not being what fans want them to be in terms of the things they say and their perceived attitudes. The major difference is their teammates. Melo's teammates love and support him, Dwight has butted heads with guys a lot of times but I do think he gets a bad rap. Winning tends to heal a lot of these things however.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Trust he has something to prove it thats a good thing. I have no problem with players wanting to prove things. The question u should ask is what. I believe he wants to prove that he can be a winner. Ill take that everyday

9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Agreed. I think thats the best situation for everyone.

10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Nah I'm saying don't go out there and try to prove he's still the man and end up forcing things that he doesn't need to. Most rational people know what he's capable of thats why Morey is so stuck on adding him and MDA is open to it. The only thing he needs to prove is that he's a winner and can be part of a winning culture. So we agree on that.

RealRocFan47 and mike2k132 like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait are u saying he will start the game. Or come off the bench? Ill bet u a hundred bucks melo starts lol. Yall are crazy

12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

He said "I truly believe he will start at the 3" lol right at the end bro.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yes that what i said. All he wants now is to winner for his legacy. So i think he gonna give it everything to be that guy. The guy that plays within the system. Hell i may be so high on melo i think melo cp3 n harden will make the all star game bound prediction alert lol

H-Town Melo likes this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok cause he was also saying he would come off the bench. N i agree he starts at 3

15. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Over/Under the amount of MVP Chants at Home for Melo. Magic Number: 5

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Under

17. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

under, this is Harden's team. Unless Melo is averaging close to 30.

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Reeko likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

TC crowd barely chants to begin with, and when they do, it damn sure won’t be MVP chants for Melo

under, way under...0

MVP chants are reserved for 1 man, and 1 man only

[​IMG]