1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Carmelo Anthony set to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the signing of Carmelo Anthony?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2019.
  1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow good luck Houston, another Nightmelo...

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Tucker is a one way player, you run him off that line and he's obsolete and its not even close.

Tucker nice tho just no where near Melo's level.

forchette49 likes this.
  3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It finna go dine

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Ok, WTF is taking ATL so long to waive him?

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about the bench. With the Houston Rockets he will be a role player. Not a star, but aa rol player. I know everyone has a role, even the superstar, but I'm not arguing semantics, you know what I mean by this. Is Melo going to be able to accept that he is a role player, that's the big question on my mind.

Obviously, he can have a huge role in this team, but ultimately what matters is that he understands that Harden and Paul are 1 and 2 in this offense and him/Eric/Capela will be 3, 4 and 5. That means that sometimes, he may not get to finish a game, that perhaps to have better match ups he may not start.

I'm not saying that he is not a starter in this league, I'm not saying that he still can't score with the best of them, what I'm saying is that in this team he will have a role to fulfill and that more than likely will not involve him in a lot of isoing. Sure we run a heavy iso offense, but he will be 3rd or 4th option on that end. He needs to accept it. Paul and Harden will actually fine him for open looks, he needs to not stall the offense and either shoot, penetrate, but do not keep the ball trying to find an open spot for a long two.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Salaries being equal, Tucker has more trade value in the NBA.

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I didn't respond to the bench thing because its a media creation. The Thunder never asked him to do that so why continue to discuss it? People around the league as in who? Media member? They write the best stories to get clicks.

I never said Melo doesn't need to accept a lesser role because I think he's definitely better as a secondary scorer. I'm more concerned with how his skillset will be used. Him not wanting to be a strictly catch and shoot guy makes sense because he wasn't comfortable in that role and it wasn't really helping the team. Melo's skillset goes beyond sitting and waiting for the ball. When you have much more to offer and aren't being utilized to maximize your abilities to help the team then of course there's going to be blowback. He's not Kyle Korver

It would like making one of Harden or CP3 a standstill shooter all game, instead MDA made it work together. Thats what a good coach does.

What role do the Rockets envision for him? Obviously one he's comfortable with or he wouldn't be signing with them. You do know the Rockets isolate a lot right?

The best version of Melo is a catch and go guy at this point not just a spot up shooter. I'd put him in more pick pop opportunities, maybe force a switch and let him work on a mismatch. I'd do much more than sit him on the wing and wait for Westbrook to find him for a shot every now and then.

I think MDA is much more knowledgable than Donovan in terms of offense and how to utilize their skillsets so I don't think there's going to be an issue in terms of his role.

Fans and media are pressing this way too much.

8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Speculation, we won't really know the answer so I'm not going to debate that back n forth.

I like Tucker though, I aint about to slander him.

9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Agreed but the whole bench thing is being pushed to the masses.

Melo knows his role coming here, I think all thats been hashed out amongst the Rockets and himself and has acknowledged he doesn't wanna go out there and have to put up 30, 40, 50. But again there's discomfort in just standing around waiting for the ball. I think he just wants to be involved in the action more than he did in OKC.

Him and CP3 will probably man the 2nd unit together and he'll get his looks there. I'm not worried but if this bench thing keeps getting pushed I mean a lot of people are going to be upset because it seems like Morey and MDA have made it clear to him he's going to start.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

What can i say, no matter how hard i try to like him, i just cant stand him. So many excuses, its always someone elses fault, hes the victim, so much ego, takes no responsibility. I wish him well. I hope it works out. But damn i just dont like him.

J.R. likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob and J.R. like this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Roy Rogers will probably F**k Melo up if he tries to disrupt anything. I believe in Roy Rogers.
    [​IMG]

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

because players need to report for physical
    they have one week

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That's just crazy to me, but oh well, I'm not changing your mind.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

A mellow night sounds lovely. A twilight stroll through the neighborhood with the spouse and a glass of wine waiting back at home.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You can't get butt hurt when a grown azz man speaks from his heart.

DH had no heart and was next level fukd in the head.

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Having a third player that can create is going to be fun.

Lawlruschang, forchette49 and kjayp like this.