1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Carmelo Anthony set to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the signing of Carmelo Anthony?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2019.
  1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
  1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

When did he talk about not giving up touches?

"When will he finally start to come out and say: I need to adapt, I'll do whatever it takes to win."- why are you so pressed to hear this? His actions last year showed he adapted and did what it took to win. Donovan and Presti's words confirm that.

Again you want him to do what YOU want him to do, that doesn't mean its necessarily best for anyone involved.

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Yup, in the beginning he states he wasn't accepting a buy out or getting waived. Clearly it was killing his psyche because of what he it represented but he accepted what needed to be done. Thats a tough pill to swallow and he could have made it difficult on OKC but he didn't.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Make it official already

And

Get Capela circus finalized

jamisonrocket and DonKnock like this.
  6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Jackie Mac FTW!!!!!

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Jackie just gave me a boner :D

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You and many others

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Very Dwight Howardish :rolleyes:

“I know how to play this game of basketball,” he said. “I’ve been playing it for a long time. When I feel like I’m ready to take that role, then I’ll take that role. Only I know when it’s best for me to take that role. I’m not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do. And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do. You start getting to the media and debates, it’s going to always be kind of back-and-forth.”

11. Convictedstupid

Unsubscribe.

12. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm just sick of the whole Tucker and Ariza are better than Melo narrative. It's ridiculous. Melo had an off year last year, now everyone's questioning whether this is a decent pickup or not. Too short sighted, of course he's not the player he was in Denver, but he's a gigantic upgrade to Ryno. If people stop bringing up losing Ariza, I'll stop reminding them we still acquired a far superior player. Fair?

dlite316, heypartner and Lawlruschang like this.
  13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I hope Melo doesn't feel like he has anything to prove. When that happens you begin pressing and overthinking things. Hopefully this year he just plays ball and blocks out the noise. Winning will help that but he also has to perform. Going to be fun to watch.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tucker is definitely better than Melo. His defense is that good

Obito likes this.
  15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Nice shot at the media and fans who keep pushing the bench thing.

Everyone around NBA circles knows he's not at that point yet.

16. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Only thing Tucker does better is defend, Melo eclipses him in every other facet.

I must say though Tucker was really unappreciated for many years until last year. He was huge in your culture changing defensively, much more than anyone outside of Paul, maybe.

forchette49 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah not surprised smh

18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Again what information does anyone have that any NBA team, specifically OKC or Houston, has said he needs to come off the bench?

One media member asks a question, fans and other media members run with it and now its attached to him and now after reading an entire article you guys will find a footnote and run with it again for the next 2 days until something happens.

Why are y'all so pressed with this bench thing?

He's not a bench player, especially not on this team.

forchette49 likes this.
  19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Defense is a pretty big thing lol. Tucker is the much better two way player at this point.. not close.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Conveniently you didn’t respond to the bench role so my guess is you at least admit that?

Here it is: https://newsok.com/article/5592850/in-exit-interview-carmelo-anthony-bemoans-his-thunder-role
    It is obvious they asked him to be a catch and shoot guy and limit his touches, which in his words he tried, but has no intention of continuing.

So while you try to dismiss my argument as some personal opinion, my suggestion is to watch and read what people are saying around the league. If you continue to believe you are right and they are all wrong in the belief that Melo needs to accept a lesser role, off the bench perhaps and he’s shown no inclination to want to change his game then you’re blinded by your bias.

Also think about this, what role do you the Rockets envision for him? You think it’s same old Melo who wants to iso, just get the ball and move out the way? Think again and be honest that the best version of Melo for himself and the team is mostly to be a catch and shoot guy with of course some iso, but not getting all those touches and shots he’s used to getting.