1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soccer] Copa America

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Looks like he wants to join United!

Tevez: United Move Would be 'Spectacular'

Carlos Tevez is keen on a 'dream' move to Manchester United - although the deal could yet be blocked by the Premier League.

The complexities surrounding the 23-year-old's ownership are currently holding up a potential £30million deal being struck, with the League determined that any deal be 'done directly' with the Argentinian's current club West Ham rather than his agent Kia Joorabchian.

However, Tevez appears to have his heart set on a move to Old Trafford.

He told the Daily Mail: 'For me, Manchester United will be a sensational destination and to be a member of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad will be absolutely spectacular.

'My dream is to be an idol in English football and I can achieve this now.'

The Premier League insist any transfer fee for Tevez must go to the London club as he is still contracted to them for three years and the Hammers have terminated all agreements with Joorabchian.

United were close to agreeing a two-year deal with an option to sign the 23-year-old for a further two years, but the deal has to satisfy the Premier League that Joorabchian is not being paid a transfer fee.

A Premier League spokesman told PA Sport: 'As far as we are concerned any deal to take Carlos Tevez away from West Ham has to be done directly with the club.'

The League's stance means that the Tevez move to Manchester United is far from sealed even if they have agreed a deal in principle with the player's representatives.

One possible avenue would be for West Ham to be paid a transfer fee and then agree a compensation figure with Joorabchian for breaching contracts with his company Media Sports Investments (MSI) when the Hammers terminated third-party agreements following their £5.5million fine in April for breaching Premier League rules.

It is understood though the League would want a substantial chunk of the transfer fee to remain at West Ham rather than it all be handed over to MSI in compensation, otherwise they could be accused of merely covering up the third-party agreements that have caused so much controversy.

Tevez is still under contract for three more years with West Ham but the club have been speaking to Manchester United about a transfer, and the former Boca Juniors and Corinthians player is excited at the prospect.

'I am a player who thrives on challenges. I went to England to triumph in the Premiership and with West Ham I have achieved that first stage.

'Now I'm ready to move on to the next stage.'

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

So, eh... no one wants to talk about the 3-game losing streak, huh? It figures. :(

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

What three game losing streak? There was no losing streak. I think you're making things up.

4. SwoLy-D

:D Ouch. Self-induced amnesia never hurt no one. I will help:

28-jun
    Argentina 4-1 Estados Unidos
    2-jul
    Estados Unidos 1-3 Paraguay
    5-jul
    Colombia 1-0 Estados Unidos

5. DrLudicrous

LIES! It's all lies. The US hasn't played since the Gold Cup final.

6. SwoLy-D

That's so f*ck*ng TRUE. ;)

Check it:
    I'd be pissed at you too, if I invited you and I knew you had a HOT *SS girlfriend, but you didn't bring her for me to look at her. ;)

It's funny how the ENGLISH Terra.com site for the Copa America has the following image or "best images":
    [​IMG]
    :D

#126 SwoLy-D, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  7. DrLudicrous

Touche.

8. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Dude, link? Apparently you know the inner workings of FIFA better than anyone :rolleyes: What about Mexico? They sent a full squad to Germany in 2005.
    You can bet all you like but you have know way of knowing for sure. Do you? The thing about making educated guesses is that you have to have some education to make them. All I'm hearing from you is an opinion based on wishful thinking.

Well you seem to remember it, funny how that is.

One question. If Mexico wants to win the Copa so badly why did they use a lot of their good players in the Gold Cup? Why did they put in such a great effort to win the thing when all it meant was a ticket to another tourney that you believe is not as big as the Copa America. They could have had rested some of the European based players and had fresher legs for the Copa America. But they didn't do that. Why is that?

OK, so it was more than one question.

9. SwoLy-D

OMMFG... :eek:

Mexico 6 Paraguay 0???? WOW.

VAMOS, MEXICO!!!! :mad:

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, it was a good game!!!

Goals of:

Nery Castillo (2)
    G.Torrado
    C. Blanco
    Omar Bravo
    Arce (the best goal in the game)

11. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Dude half of mexicos squad that played the gold cup, wont even play the next world cup. Wait till the sub-20 players move up, its gonna be on.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's exactly what I'm saying about the US. The kids they have waiting in the wings are going to be very good...

13. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Vera, Dos Santos, Nery Castillo, Omar Bravo, and Guardado. Mexico is going to be dangerous!

14. Rivaldo2181

Brazil! Brazil!

Why wasn't there any OT?

Now half of my dream final is set...Go Argentina!

15. SwoLy-D

:mad:

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Sorry Swoly but,

VAMOS VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

17. SwoLy-D

Well, I could see why YOU would go for Ar-gen-tina Ar-gen-tina :cool: ... but... why OTHERS :mad: ?

I thought I was getting many many people on my side, but... :(

We have a GREAT CHANCE to win the game tonight (http://www.copaamerica.com/default.asp?pag=noticias&id=789):
    ¡¡¡VAMOS, XICO!!!!

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Mexico is going to win tonight - that's just my gut feeling

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

1-0 Argentina

GOALLLLLL

20. Rivaldo2181

Sorry dude but I'd rather see Argentina then Mexico in the final...Messi, Riquelme, Tevez and Crespo are just a few of the reasons why.

Good luck!