1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soccer] Copa America

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Wow...brillant goaaaaaaaal by Messi...how do you leave that guy wide open on the wing like that?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:(

Just too much of a good team for us. No excuses. Beautiful set pieces and a nice chip of the boot of Messi. My hat is off for the argentinos. Buen juego. Mala defensiva mexicana. Ni modo. :(

Argentina will win it.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Uh... Yeah, I hope. We definitely have the pieces. Too bad a lot of them won't be there in 2010 :eek: .

Though Brazil is not my favorite team to play when it comes to Argentine soccer, I have faith.

4. matpio

matpio Member

What a goal by Messi ! I just love watching this kid play, he is amazing !

5. conquistador#11

People in this forum(myself included)believe that JVG made enormous tactical errors during the playoffs, but nothing compares to Argentina's jose peckerman denying messi his well deserved playing time in the world cup. Messi is the best. :)

6. Rivaldo2181

Sorry dude....as a long suffering Holland fan, I feel your pain.

Now...GO BRAZIL!

7. Rivaldo2181

All I hear on sports radio talk is how dead this period is in sports, and I really feel bad for those people who have not been blessed with an eye for the beautiful game! Oh well, too bad for them.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

In the brazil - uruguay game, that last penalty kick should had been repeated, the goalie step a lot forward.

In the Mexico - Argentina :( :( Hugo Sanchez was the one gave it away the game, with those substitutions, they were playing well, why you fix something it isnt broken. :mad:

Well, lets go for the 3rd place!

9. WhoMikeJames

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fegJUGRLI9w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fegJUGRLI9w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Golazooooooo

10. conquistador#11

yet they devote an hour to golf! :(

11. Rivaldo2181

I know, it is disgusting but they have to taylor to their retired listeners once a week I guess.

Here is a great article/summary on the recent rivalry and preview of the final between the two giants of the sport. It also has highlights from the 2004 Copa America final and 2005 Confederations Cup final.

Can't wait!

Swoly, at least Mexico won 3rd place....they had sweet rocket blasts into the net. Although, I don't know what Uruguay's keeper was doing so far out of the goal.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Huh? :confused: Where is it? :p
    Yeah... Sanchez was out of the net for Messi's gol... :) Thanks for the props.

13. WhoMikeJames

OMG, This is a pain to watch. I have to tip my hat off to Brazil for their defense though. Argentina is just playing ****ty soccer. We aren't doing anything right and are getting shut down everywhere. Can't get a shot off without hitting someone or the post.

Just another Loss to Brazil... :(

14. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

BOA!!!! 3-0 BRASIL

15. Buck Turgidson

Brasil's best game of the tourney, Argentina's worst.

People are not happy down here.

16. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Hey buddy, what was that? :D

17. Rivaldo2181

Ok, Argentina is officially Brazil's Biotch.

Brazil completely took Argentina out of the game, playing physical defense, controlling the midfield and burning them on the counter attack. Argentina looked dead after the first goal. Riquelme is great is but he just had a horrible afternoon.

oops...I forgot to post the link...sorry bout that, but it is still a good read...here you go: LINK

Check out these beauties: The Beautiful Game alright