1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey wants Dragic back - (Twitter)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TxCowboy96, Apr 26, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Goran is the best player on the team, the most important guy, he has the most upside out of anyone on the current roster.

Out of EVERYONE, he is a must keep.

DD

2. DaDakota

That is a simplistic view, because Kyle's contract is up the next season, so you have to pay one of them......might as well get started now.

DD

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No, it's up after the 2013-14 season.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is crazy.... We are not sure that he can average 19-9 over two seasons....
    He averaged around 16-8 over 20 games as a starter.

5. DaDakota

Yes, the NEXT season....not the one upcomming.

DD

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i have no clue on what # is best for his service but i do know the term shouldn't be long since we have no idea what this team will be. a big man offense or guard dominating offense? the answer will not be known until we have our star player settled down.

7. Nook

Nook Member

:rolleyes: That IS part of his job...

8. Nook

Nook Member

You mean like Parsons?

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

First, I do not think Lowry will get $10M per year. I also want to keep Dragic, but something like $13M per year is too much. Also do not overrate him quickly, his wining record on the team is not that good, he may be just another very good PG, but not great. Keep in mind, the Boston starting PG has only $10M per year.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Are you INSANE?

"Hey Dragic, I know you will sign here for 4 years and 38 million, but what the $%#$ here is 5 years and 55 million!"

11. Nook

Nook Member

Apparently you think he is worth MORE than the market bares....

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gogi, we cannot let our best asset go!!!

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The most important guy on .500 team is not all that important.

Dragic has no more upside, he is much more likely to decline that get better.

Montie, Parsons and Morris all have more upside.

14. Nook

Nook Member

With all due respect you are the LAST person on the planet that needs to be evaluating point guards.

3 people like this.
  15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

LOL repped

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Wash,rinse,repeat. The trailblazers agev matthews full mle after one season and clutchfans thought he was overpaid. 2 yrs later, it looks like a steal. Paul Allen or mgmt will pursue him hard if they cant get williams. His fallback option would be utah. Dragic with Al,Milsap,Favors, looks like a 50 win team to me.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The salary cap is a number. Hence the amount that should/ or shouldnt be paid should not be an infinite amount. I understand that Goran is worth alot, and Morey will have to pony up and spend more than he wants to.

Thats not the issue here and you know it. The issue is paying a guy who isn't going to make this team a contender, the amount that you would pay a franchise superstar, and in turn crippling any future moves going forward.

I refuse to believe your dumb, I understand you just like to argue. You know this is a reality. However, the one team that is courting Goran the most has an intelligent owner who should know better to overpay anyways. Goran is an awesome player, but there is this thing called a salary cap that should limit the amount you pay certain players too much.

There is an idea of what the market rate will be for Goran thats just speculation, but I just so happen to think that the Market isn't as great as we think it is in Houston for Goran.

There is a strong case to make that economic/CBA factors and the surplus of point guards in the league make Goran's price in free agency much less than the next tier PG (CP3/DWill level) would get in free agency.

I personally do not think the Rockets should pay Goran that "superstar PG" level salary. Just a difference of opinions I guess, but the reasoning is right there. They dont have to overpay for him, because they shouldnt HAVE TO. That being said, I doubt they will have to pay him that much to keep him so we are arguing for no damn reason.

18. DaDakota

Oh dear god, not that idiot again.

DD

19. DaDakota

Exactly, I just think the Rockets should match any and every offer for him, regardless, that way they have him as an asset.

DD

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So you dont think there is ANY line in the sand at all to draw? Hypothetically, If the Bobcats give Goran the Max next year, you think Morey should match and Goran would still be an "asset?"

From what you were saying, it makes it seem like you believe this to be true?