1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets rookies are getting more and more praise from around the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Jul 29, 2012.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

http://nbadraft.net/2012-nba-summer-league-top-rookies

#2. Jeremy Lamb-5 Games, 29 Minutes, 20PPG, 4.4RPG, 0.8APG, 1SPG, 47%FG, 27%3FG, 92%FT

Jeremy Lamb was 4th overall in points in the summer league, putting up an even 100 points in his 5 games. He is a scorer in every sense, being a threat from outside, mid range and getting to the line in his effortless manner. He was more aggressive and physical than his frame suggests, not averse to contact when getting to the line of crashing the boards. Lamb was active off the ball and used his quick release. Lamb quieted many of his critics who said he "wasn't assertive enough" and "lacked intensity". He looked better than Beal in their match up and could ultimately make a lot of teams look bad for passing on him, including Cleveland at 4, and particularly New Orleans at 10

#3 Terrence Jones-5 Games, 25 Minutes, 18.2PPG, 8.6RPG, 1.4APG, 50%FG, 33%3FG, 76%FT

Lamb’s teammate Terrence Jones, impressed in his first summer league, proving that he can do a bit of everything. Offensively, he can play down low, hit the outside shot and run the floor. He was solid defensively and his versatility will allow him to defend multiple positions at the next level.

#4 Donatas Motiejunas- 4 Games, 25 Minutes, 16.3PPG, 7.8RPG, 0.8APG, 0.8SPG 0.8BPG 62%FG, 29%3FG, 54%FT

Motiejunas made an impressive start before a poor showing in his second game where he failed to make a field goal. Motiejunas bounced back well in his final two games to make the summer league All-Star team and draw the appreciation of Chris Webber. He showed some nice moves around the basket with a soft touch inside. He displayed his outside touch, stepped out twice in his first game to knock down shots from long range. Motiejunas is long and athletic and finished summer league with one of the better offensive rebound averages (3.8). Over time, look for him to prove to be a huge steal for Houston at the 20th pick in 2011

-------------------------

I like how the rest of the league views our players, everybody was so upset that we passed on Fab Melo, Zeller, and P.Jones. But Morey is so effing underrated when it comes to spotting talent

Morey could have easily drafted 3 of the best players in the draft. Royce White was listed as a honorable mention on this list

3 people like this.
  2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lock if already posted, and sorry about the font

3. Raven

Raven Member

Lamb and D-Mo both win ROY.

Book it!

:grin:

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Repped for username ;)

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Wow, nice.

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lol thx man

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chomp on that Orlando.

Pump up the value..... pump up the value.....

Great job by DM.

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'm really excited to watch both Lamb and Motiejunas develop in the next season. They've got great potential and a bright future. All-star maybe? They're going to make a killer combo (inb4 Miller-Smits comparisons)

So...with all the praise Terrence Jones is getting, do y'all think Orlando is more open to getting him? I love his ability to play the 3 and 4. He is all hustle and all aggressive in everything he does.

9. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

:

An individual who is very close to the Dwight Howard-Orlando Magic fiasco said there isn’t any chance the all-world center will re-sign with the team after next season. Also, I've been told the Houston Rockets, who have coveted Howard, have no chance now of obtaining him

Dun Dun Duuuuunnnnn MAKE THIS HOWARD CRAP GO AWAY!!!!!

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Well are they gonna let him walk at the end of the year, or take significantly less from another team

btw im curious who is your source..( not trying to be rude)

11. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I have no sources.... its on hoops hype from a person who is the beat writer from the Bucks. I'm just posting it out there for everyone to see:grin:

Let me ask you why do you want Howard?

12. ribbit

ribbit Member

Bright future ahead. Very nice.

And thanks for posting.

13. Ashes

Ashes Member

Morrowind was far better than Skyrim.

1 person likes this.
  14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I honestly dont know, but im hoping that Lin and Dwight can make our team more flashy and get more media attention. I like our rookies, but they are just rookies

But im starting to lean to keeping the rookies, and using the OKC model

In Morey i mothereffing Trust

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Hahaha

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

This is going to be an interesting season with these rooks

And I'm too lazy to finish Skyrim

17. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

:grin::grin:

18. MONON

MONON Member

Me too. I really like what I see in them. On draft day, I was pi$$ed with the Lamb & White picks when we desperately needed a center. However Lamb has won me over. White not so much. I think Asik, Montie, Parsons, Martin & Lin make an interesting starting 5, with Jones, Lamb, PPat, White & Douglas off the bench.

19. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Wouldn't every team be pissed if Lamb turns out better than all the guys they drafted, not just the ones who clearly picked obvious busts (Rivers, Waiters)?

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What impressed me was Jones ability to just fill up the stat sheet quietly ... I never really "noticed" him until after the game was over and I looked at the box score .... then I think , what a solid game he had while going largely un-noticed. Just getting his points thru the flow of the game ....