1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets rookies are getting more and more praise from around the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Jul 29, 2012.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

where would montejunas have fallen in the recent draft if he waited a year?? I bet way higher.

2. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

rule of thumb: never mortgage your future.. common sense

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Rule of thumb: never pass on the best center in the NBA.. common sense.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

hey pal; i get that you want dwight. you've made it abundantly clear. Now it's your turn to get that some folks don't want him at ANY cost.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Do you want him? I just don't get why people are so excited about players who did well in 5 NBA games.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

^I mean summer league games.

7. Aruba77

yes, I want him. But like others, i don't want him at ANY cost. And i don't think that's a radical position.

8. Pete the Cheat

ANY cost? here's K-Mart and Mook Morris in your eye

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, because we knew Waiters was going to be a reach before the draft. There were already questions about Rivers. Personally, i really didn't see the hype, yet.
    Fact is, each rookie had 5 games to give a sample of what they can bring to the league. All of ours(including Machado, imo)were impressive.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm thinking top 8.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It has nothing to do with what they did in summer league. It has everything to do with what they will do in the next 4+ years, together.
    The Rockets are the only team that will truly be able to show what a great draft 2012 was. We have three highly touted rookies that will garner much national attention when the season starts.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can confidently say none of our 3 rookies will be top 10-15 NBA players. EVER.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Something like that.
    The main question marks from last year (effort, rebounding, work ethic) are either completely gone, or significantly reduced because of how he played last season in Poland.

Remember, Donatas was ranked top 3 on most draft boards a year before that draft, and dropped because of his 2011 season in Italy, because of those question marks.

I think his floor would be #10 (Hornets), he makes perfect sense next to Anthony Davis, they just complete each other.

My question is: if the Rockets/McHale aren't pushing him, does Motiejunas go to Poland, to a completely different system and transform himself in terms of rebounding and D?

Personally, I'm very happy that he was drafted last year. I think the Rockets helped him a lot with their guidance.
    If he postpones to this year and stays in Italy, he'd probably be further down Bargnani's road.

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Dude, seriously???

I can see where Royce is a gamble and Jones kinda hung in the shadows at UK, but Lamb will definately be a standout. At least I think he will.

I confidently hope you are WRONG.

15. Aruba77

I can confidently say that the odds are in your favor. But that's a pretty high bar.

16. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

He's 26.. How is it mortgaging our future? If he stays, it's quite possibly the greatest trade ever.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I remember earlier this season when the young Astros were getting recognition from around MLB.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's the type of player Les Alexander ad Morey want on this team and nothing less. They've devoted 2 years and shuffled the franchise for just that type of player.

19. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

I can confidently say that D-Ho isn't a top 10-15 player of all time either. He is the best center in the weakest era for centers ever. honestly He might not even be in the top 10 of his position of all time.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i can confidently say that half the people in this thread are failing to understand each other.