1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets rookies are getting more and more praise from around the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Jul 29, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know many of you have seen this already. Just in case some haven't, here it is. 1st and 2nd half. A couple of our guys in action.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfYHKr2DaR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DZl6tuZIBfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I don't know why many people here are so high on Fab Melo... Maybe because he's a center and that all it matters. But to me, that guy is a bust. Just because he's a 7 footer doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of big guys in the NBA and how many are good impact players? Zeller at best is an average player anyway so I really don't see anything special in him. To be honest, if Morey just draft the best talent available instead of drafting for needs than I am happy with that.

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

If you leave only the true rookies in those stats ranking, it's actually more meaningful than it appears. For example, Anthony Randolph is a second year player as 2009 PPG leader.

Also contrary to the popular belief that you just 'pick' the good players, the right situation and coaching/development play an important role as well.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

he's Melo, and he's Fab. duh.

5. albuster

albuster Member

Both are awesome usernames. Like them both.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

3 Best players in the draft? C'mon now....I love our rookies, and I think they'll be very solid for us, but it's not like we swung Anthony Davis or Bradley Beal now...

Let's not forget that we have only seen them in the summer league. I can think of countless summer league stars that amounted to nothing in the NBA. They were the 12, 16, 18th picks, which haven't really had a history of great success in the NBA. D-Mo is slightly different because he would have gone a lot higher in the draft he was in if he was coming over that particular year, but still, nothing crazy.

I'm just saying to slow your roll. They haven't proven anything, and history tells us to cool our jets on these mid first round dudes...

7. jlfans

jlfans Member

I don't understand why so many people here don't believe our rookies can play well? And always said we were mediorce. How do you know? Are you Mike Woodson's fan? Rookie can't not be a contender? Veteran always win the title?

I looked for Landry Fields is Top 8 in summer leaque in 2010. His stats was 5g, 15.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 52.7 fg%, 73.9 ft%, 1.8 to. You can see Terrence Jones is all above him.

I think all of the three guys will have good performances in 2012-2013 like Fields in NY.
    I hope the Houston Rockets as a young team to be a contender.