1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Wallace Available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pcann, Dec 17, 2010.

1. pcann

pcann Member

ESPN
    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5928487

I am rookie poster, have been visiting the site for a while now and finally joined. Take it easy on me lol some of you'll are brutal.

I would trade Shane, Chase and a Pick for Wallace that would leave us with

AB/Lowry/Ish
    Martin/Lee
    Wallace/Williams
    Scola/Hill
    Hayes/Miller

2 people like this.
  2. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Get it done Morey! Btw, how can you already make threads? :eek:

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Another great role player but we no longer have a franchise player, not worth it.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

just another good role player, completely worthless to the current team

unless they are getting a franchise player in return, I dont care

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Maybe gave money to the tip jar?

6. pcann

pcann Member

I have no clue I just tried my fault if I am not supposed to.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i believe clutch said they were testing letting rooks make threads...i think they were suppose to remove it, but maybe he forgot or extended it..

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'd do it in a heart beat, he knows RAs game and could potentially be a star for us!

But if a third team added a center, i'd be thrilled lol

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Didn't we just trade for a similar player?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i'd be happy with getting a guy like wallace, but the article also said the bobcats were asking a lot in return for their players.

11. G-Money

G-Money Member

Yes please.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Perfect new direction. Use Budinger in that package and perhaps Brooks and its a done deal easily. We move away from Brooks and small point guards who cant defend. We get a defender back who can score and rebound. Morey should be jumping on this. Its his almost star to go with Martin and Scola. Thats 3 almost stars starting and a bunch of potential kept on the bench with Hill, Twill, Lee, Lowry starting, and nothing else pretty much given up to make the move. Maybe even done with just Patterson, Jeffries, and Budinger?? Gerlad Wallace is a great player for us to get.

1 person likes this.
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I like Wallace and he would be a huge upgrade over Battier in the starting role there. Because both the offense and defense are better. I would like to keep Battier around this year and maybe after at a reduced rate for him to teach Williams and the other young guys the game. Plus, I could deal with Brooks/Martin if they had Wallace staring along side of them and then Lee, Williams and Battier coming off the bench in relief. (Or Ish Smith sometimes). I think the Bobcats would want to get a legit point and so it would probably take Lowry/Budinger and an either Patterson or a first rounder. I dont know it I would pay that.

Hayes/Miller
    Scola/Hill/Patterson(if not dealt)
    Wallace/Williams/Battier
    Martin/Williams/Battier
    Brooks/Lee/Smith

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

early in the season i watched one bobcats game on ilp and was amazed at gerald wallace's involvement in every play of the game. i said that if the bobcats were wrecking the team, morey should jump in and relieve them of gerald wallace. id be willing to give up AB seeing how great lowry is at starters minutes.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

wallace is a true 3. williams can play the 3, but he is a bit undersized for it. plus i think williams is more suited at guard from the little i've seen and read about him.

that's my uneducated opinion. ;)

16. Raven

Raven Member

So what?

Another low post visitor trying to help us. Gee, thanks.

But this always happens when a team has valuable assets, and other fans think they can do to us what Morey is doing to others.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Do not want anybody 'till we get a legitimate center.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Terrence Williams move sort of negates the need for Wallace. I'd rather use our remaining assets to get a center. They should inquire seriously about Thabeet and Cousins. With Cousins being almost impossible to get, they should start with a Brooks, Bud and Hill or Patterson package.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What exactly is Morey doing? I fail to see it materialize and everytime it does the same posters always shoot it down now matter who it is we are takling about anyways.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

wallace is probably the most athletic player in the nba, the guy could probably win a medal in the olypmic decathlon.