1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Wallace Available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pcann, Dec 17, 2010.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think asmith was being sarcastic with the Marc Gasol post. ;)

2. Audioout

Audioout Member

I say if we're going this route the trade should be Yao + Bud + NY Pick for Wallace AND Jackson.

I always loved Jackson but the true move here is that it allows us to either then send Jackson or Martin (whom I love also) in any trade for a center. How does Jackson and Battier for Bynum sound? LA would be stacked with Battier and Jackson though. Instant champs for them. Matter of fact they are too stacked so maybe they'd be willing to trade back Artest for Williams?

Hou:

Brooks/Lowry/Smith
    Martin/Lee
    Wallace/Artest
    Scola/Hill/Hayes
    Bynum/Miller

LA:

Fisher/Blake/Brown
    Bryant/Williams
    Jackson/Barnes
    Odom/Smith
    Gasol/Ratliff/Caracter

Jeez. LA would be scary.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

why would we do that trade?

4. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

sounds scary. Bynum is an overpaid bust. He is the exact player that Rockets should not touch.

5. Audioout

Audioout Member

Uhh...Wallace and Artest. Better question is why would Charlotte do this? I guess they go into 100% rebuild mode.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

We just lost our franchise center to what will probably be a career-ender, an now you want to trade for a guy who has yet to last a full season as a starter?

7. Audioout

Audioout Member

Yeah, I agree. Bynum is taking a chance but if he doesn't work out he is an expiring next season. I'm sure we can move him then. We aren't winning a championship this year mega move or not.

8. Audioout

Audioout Member

Oh, and in my lineup listing I forgot to add Battier to LA's lineup. Jeez.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

shuffling deck chairs on the titanic. this trade just keeps our hands tied again for another year after this one with bynum and leaves us with a declining artest for 3 more years. further, artest and wallace play the same position and if you want to play them both then you have to bench martin. is that what you really think would be best for the rockets?

again, why would we do that trade?

10. Audioout

Audioout Member

I'm not saying it's a perfect idea but why would you need to bench Martin if you play Wallace and Artest?

At SG you have Martin and Lee

At SF you have Wallace and Artest

And a declining Artest behind Wallace? Yes, sign me up. I also believe there are no perfect trades to make right now so having our hands tied for a year to me means reloading for another day to make that big deal.

At least we'd be an elite defensive team especially if Bynum can produce at all.

Defenders= Bynum, Wallace, Artest, Hayes and Lee. All but Hayes are also two way players.

11. AFS

AFS Member

I think they're scarier in their current lineup than in that one. Odom works as the perfect 6th man, and Ron Artest is an elite defender that can knock down 3s. They don't need another scorer on that team. I don't think they'd want that trade.

12. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah we're in rebuild mode, that's why we just signed a 30 year old to a 60 mil contract.

We have pieces in place we just need a strong defensive center to be contenders again. The options are limited I know but we have enough assets to land a very good center.

13. The Situation

The Situation Member

Can anyone tell me what they see in Wallace?

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so are you running martin at the 1? or is lowry running the 1 with artest or wallace playing the 4?

well i guess that's your opinion. i don't see the point in reloading to try to get the #7 or #8 seed when we should be rebuilding. also, artest is not a 2 way player anymore. the dude's offense has fallen off a cliff.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

who was this 30 year old we signed to a 60 million dollar contract???

even if we get dwight howard we aren't going to be contenders. it's time to move on from this idea.

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Well, might as well....

Lowry
    Iggy
    Wallace
    Smith
    Ibaka

:grin:

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think he's referring to Scola. If we got Dwight Howard, I think we'd be contenders. He's a franchise changer. That said, we're not getting Dwight Howard or anyone comparable to him anytime soon.

It's time to rebuild.

18. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Scola.

And you're hilarious, were better than Orlando at every position except C yet they've been contenders for many years now.

See the thing is we don't need Howard because of all the pieces we have, we just need ANYONE who can defend the paint. Rebuilding will not change the necessity for that, which is why we won't rebuild.

19. Audioout

Audioout Member

I can tell you're only eager to blow the team up and no other option is okay with you it seems but let me be clear about one thing.

the 1 = Brooks, Lowry, Smith

the 2= Martin, Lee

the 3= Wallace, Artest

the 4= Scola, Hill, Hayes, Patterson, Jeffries

the 5= Bynum, Miller

I don't see how you can confuse what I mean by who plays what position.

20. Sanity2disChaos

Its sounds a little crazy but would be interesting if Bynum wasnt Yao 1.5 (injuries included)........