1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Wallace Available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pcann, Dec 17, 2010.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's in his prime at barely 28. Pair him with Martin who is 27. Scola is 30 but has low NBA miles and will hopefully be playing at a high level for 3-4 seasons.

Build around Martin and Scola. We have some young up and coming talent. I think Wallace would be the PERFECT fit.

His FG % is down from around 50 % to 43. Plus, he sprained his ankle and is in a boot but it's nothing major. This might be the perfect time to grab him from the Bobcats.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I doubt They'd do that. Our picks aren't worth that much and also Chase sucks and Battier is a one way player compared to Gerald.

I'm betting they would want Martin or Hill.

3. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

What are you waiting for DM? Trade for G. Wallace! DM will offer a package around Brooks, IMO. Larry Brown would love 'a light version' of Allen Iverson, running the team and being a 'first shoot' PG/SG.

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Jordan has a history as a lightweight as an executive. He might be an easy mark for Morey.

G Wallace
    S Jackson

for

KMart
    Chase
    Jeffries

Salaries are almost a wash, Charlotte's payroll drops next year when JJ comes off the books.

#44 JoeBarelyCares, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

battier is 30 plus, is clearly declining, and wallace is just as good a defender.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a stud, but I am not so sure what we really need right now.

Can Daryl pry away Cousins, Gasol or McGee?

If we want to win with our current roster, we need a building block C, and we NEED IT NOW!

7. Raven

Raven Member

You don't build around good or even very good players, you build around elite level talent, which the Rockets now have none of. It might take years before we get the type of franchise player we need, and adding a guy like Wallace will only hurt our draft position, and prolong the rebuilding.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Chauncy Billups, Tayshaun Prince, and Richard Hamilton say hi.

9. k-money

k-money Member

another former king....

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Morey would never admit it. He will come out and say they are in it for the championship just to have fans show up and give them more false hope. That is a lie as we know, but that's his job as a GM.

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i think some of you are not interested in gerald wallace or improving on the team we have, but instead want to tank to improve on the draft position next year. maybe need a new thread with a poll

im against tanking btw. its not even 2011 yet lol.

12. Sanity2disChaos

I would be ok with this move (step 2) in our 5 step rebuilding stage.....The guy is legit.Now we need to grab a starting center and we may can still salvage this season.........You got my vote,Good Post.

13. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Very simple... straight up trade Kmart for Wallace.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2af9ttt

Slide T-Will to the 2.

Run the offense through Scola with AB being the scoring sparkplug off the bench.

Start:
    1. Lowry
    2. T-Will
    3. Wallace
    4. Scola
    5. Miller

Hello defense.

14. Sanity2disChaos

^^BINGO!!!...................and damn there are alot of haters on here! The man has a good thread .....

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I'm all for Wallace. The guy brings what they currently lack. 2-way players. They arn't going to win nothing with Scola/Martin/Brooks being the core. Trust me folks Brooks is not cut to lead and Martin isn't either. Scola don't play defense. Infact none of them do which spells disaster in the playoffs. Wallace is a player made for stats guru's like Morey. He's a hustler and brings it every game. The guy is almost a double-double on the wing. Not many players do that.

16. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Why not? We can stock pile small forwards like the Texans do with tight ends.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

People don't want Wallace, but they wanted Artest and Wallace is better.

I doubt Jordan is shopping him though. He's just listening. They'd want a lot in return trust me on this one. Brooks and Scola for sure.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lol hello worst offensive team in the league.

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Looking at our roster and the style of basketball our team plays. An almost dream scenario outside of melo and paul landing in houston...(which is now 0 chance). I think Wallace is the exact player that we need. A good outside shooting, slashing elite defeneder...and the best rebounder in the nba for his posistion.

Then you make a second move for Gortat. This team can contend now...much like the kings did under adleman. In these deals if we manage to give up Bud, Brooks, patterson...Picks and expirings...I think we have a legitimate chance at sucess.

My dream roster that is acutally plausible would be.

Lowry
    Martin
    Wallace
    Scola
    Gortat

w bench of ish, lee, Twill (as the 6th man 2/3 main replacement) Hill and Miller.

This would be an extremely free flowing offense...no ball stoppers.
    We would have three top level defenders in curial posistions 1, 3, and 5. Could compensate for the lack of defense by martin. Scola may not play the best technical d, but his hustle compensates. Our rebounding would be phenominal.

If I was the GM. This would be plan A. Hopefully daryl is smarter and can come up with something even better.

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Add Gortat instead of miller and you got your self a deal. I highly doube T will gets the start over lee ...doesnt make sense. AB and T will would compliment each other very well off the bench...as T will now be one of our best passers and play makers. Fits perfect with a score first PG.

Lee is more well rounds and suited for the starting 2 role.