1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nevermind....didn't see the date.

Any who....I don't like the idea of Bale coming back for Batman. Nolan's movies weren't made with the Justice League movie in mind, unlike the set up movies Marvel did for the Avengers. It would feel a little too forced for me.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It'd feel very forced but I think the studio heads are probably pushing for using the actor known from the Nolan trilogy instead of starting from scratch. This whole thing could work or just be a miserable failure.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's the likely outcome. It just seems like they are pushing so hard to be Marvel, rather than doing their own thing, and trying to replicate something else is the easiest way to fail in the entertainment industry.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not sure why seemingly all of you think the route they go has to stick to Marvel Studio's blueprint. You guys really putting yourself in a box that small already? C'mon. We're talking about a story with superheros, there is no single best practice formula. Nolan knows more about storytelling than the bozos at Marvel and some B list comedic Actor from Swingers (Whedon didn't come along until the end).

If it sucks it'll suck because nobody buys DC's heroes, not because the story is weak, not if Nolan is at the helm.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) What Marvel did had never been previously done before, as far as I can remember. They took a series of standalone films to form a universe for the end-game that was The Avengers. I won't call it "revolutionary", but it was certainly unique and impressive. Now that is exactly what this Justice League movie is trying to do. They are trying their own superhero standalone films, with the idea of them leading to the end-game of The Justice League movie, so yes, they are most certainly following Marvel's blueprint.

2. They're saying Nolan would just be producing the movie. The Producer has no artistic input whatsoever. So unless he does more than just Man of Steel, I wouldn't invest myself too much in his storytelling abilities for this. Not to mention the script for the movie has already been scrapped due to overwhelmingly negative reactions to it.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Besides the Iron Man movies, I wouldn't call any of those other movies "solid or decent". They sucked.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

"Producer" means what it means. In this case I understood it to mean Nolan would play GM, set up the strategy, pick the director/s, let his brother work scripts, etc... the same as he's done with Superman.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

WB is going straight into the Justice League movie and then branching out to solo films depending on which characters really hit it off with the viewers. Nolan is being hired to oversee the whole DCU. He most certainly will have a lot of input in which way these movies are headed and it wouldn't surprise me if his brother writes the script.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You didn't like Iron Man? 2nd one sucked, yes, but I thought the first was at least solid.

For me...I thought Thor was pretty lame.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I must be one of handful of people that actually enjoyed Thor. Agree that Iron Man 2 sucked. Hopefully the 3rd lives up to the hype.

11. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

I thought Thor was good also.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I take back what I said...

It wasn't completely "lame". I just REALLY lost interest during the parts that were set on Earth in that little town. I was much more interested during the parts where they were in Asgard, but that was only for half the movie.

13. GRENDEL

Thor was very well received, 77% positive on RT

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor/

Iron Man 2 was a bit of a mess because they rammed so much Avengers stuff in it.

Captain America was ok, neither great nor terrible.

14. Beezy

Beezy Member

Slightly off topic but the Young Justice cartoon on Cartoon Network is one of the best superhero shows ever IMO. It's been cancelled of course.

15. GRENDEL

I missed it's run but heard it was great, I'll need to check it out on video.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Iron Man 1 - 7/10
    Iron Man 2 - 6/10
    Hulk - 2/10
    Thor - 5/10
    Capt. America - 4/10

17. 713

713 Member

Incredible Hulk w/ Ed Norton was awesome.

18. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

First season was amazing, once they advanced the time it didn't feel like it did before.

19. Beezy

Beezy Member

I feel that the show really picked up with the invasion storyline. The time jump was pretty jarring at first though. I particularly liked all the Arsenal stuff, and the Nightwing/Robin/Batgirl team moments were cool. Only 2 episodes left :(

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very sorry to hear this. I watch it every week.