1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ptR91

ptR91 Member

CANCELLED??? :eek: NOOOO!!! where did you read this????

2. Beezy

Beezy Member

3. ptR91

ptR91 Member

4. ptR91

ptR91 Member

never mind about batman, it's gonna be in CGI format like green lantern. i hate how that looks, not watching that.

wikipedia

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, the Young Justice cancellation crushed me when it was announced. That show was just too ambitious for it's own good and suffered the same fate as Greg Weisman's other excellent animated series (Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-Man).

Green Lantern was pretty darn good too (despite the creeping staleness of Bruce Timm's art and direction style. Still a great storyteller).

Network heads: "Character development? Continuing intricate interwoven storylines? More popular with adults than kids? WTF is this sh-t? Screw that! Just make something that'll sell toys!"

'sigh' I guess the previous DCAU really was a huge anomaly. At this point I'm just about ready to give up on the possibility of a truly quality animated series getting to finish it's run ever again (Well, besides Legend of Korra).

6. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Teen titans was good back then too. But the new one I'm assuming is geared towards little kids more? So I doubt it'll be as good as it was in the original run.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

They should bring back Superfriends. It sounds much friendlier than Justice League.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Timm and his team actually fought with the network execs to keep JLU going as long as it did. The major issue being toy sales, a real shame they just can't make an animated show aimed at adults.

9. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I think if they used adult swim they could. It's just a matter of they don't want to.

10. Beezy

Beezy Member

"Teen Titans Go! focuses on the "funny business" that happens between the Teen Titans when not saving the world and when living together as teenagers without adult supervision. The Teen Titans must deal with horrific situations such as teenage pranks reaching a whole new level, or having to take Driver’s Ed after wrecking the Batmobile."

I don't think we're gonna get the level of emotion and character development (or kick ass fight sequences) that YJ had.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thankfully Timm has been given those DTV adaptations which he's been doing a great job of with, just miss the Timmverse in general.

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

If they want to do a Justice League movie. This is what they should look at for inspiration. Nolan's Batman just doesn't work in this DC Universe.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H7Nf-m6WGl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

JUSTICE LEAGUE - PART 1 Now Has An Official Shoot Date

Despite recent rumors suggesting that the studio may be rethinking their plans for their DC superhero team-up flick, it's now been revealed that Zack Snyder will return to shoot Justice League - Part 1 on April 11 - just a little over 2 weeks after Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice hits theaters.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” Snyder tells EW. “It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming. But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

The first Justice League movie will shoot at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios in southeast England, and also at various locations around London and in Iceland.

<script src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/zeus/embed.js" data-config="//config.playwire.com/16812/videos/v2/4507619/zeus.json" data-width="640" data-height="360" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/zeus/embed.js" data-config="//config.playwire.com/16812/videos/v2/4507615/zeus.json" data-width="640" data-height="360" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/zeus/embed.js" data-config="//config.playwire.com/16812/videos/v2/4507620/zeus.json" data-width="640" data-height="360" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Don't want to derail this thread but I saw this and wanted to bring up that Netflix is considering doing a third season of Young Justice themselves. If the viewership numbers for the current YJ they have on Netflix stays good like it is then they want to make it happen. Would love it. I beasted through season two when they put it up even though I had seen it previously already

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

So they aren't using the same guy from the show to play The Flash? Seems like a major misstep.

17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Did they ever put season 2 on Netflix? The last I saw they only had season 1, but I have not checked in awhile.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Avoiding traces of any show on the CW network is not a misstep.

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I've never seen it, so I tend to agree with that general sentiment. But I've heard it's very good. It (and Arrow) seem like popular shows, and it doesn't really help their brand to recast those roles. I really don't care either way, since Batman is pretty much the only compelling character in the Justice League.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yup, this month they put Season 2. The Invasion arc

1 person likes this.