1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Well the only lead actors that would be changed would be from Nolan's Batman universe seeing as how that is the only DC movie WB has put out (no I don't count the atrocity that was Green Lantern). Now I don't mind if they reboot Batman, I don't mind if they want JGL to play Batman, what I do mind is that he won't be playing Bruce Wayne. He's such a big part to the Justice League universe it would be stupid to not have Bruce Wayne in the movie.

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Thanks! Ever heard of a spoiler tag? :mad:

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Don't worry. He didn't.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Apparently you didn't follow the DC universe between Batman R.I.P. and Flashpoint.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd actually applaud Warner/DC if they went ahead with a "new" Batman. Do folks REALLY want a third Batman movie franchise in as many decades? Do you REALLY want a franchise to try and get out of the shadow of the Nolan films that just finished? No thanks.

If we're going full steam ahead, I'm much more interested in this approach. Take off the shackles of the Wayne story and give us something new, fresh, and open to going new places. Plenty of folks have wanted a Batman Beyond take, and this could be that.

So thank you Warner for not going the obvious route and giving us a quickie reboot like Amazing Spiderman.

Just in case you're being serious, we're well past spoiler tag territory with a film that came out 4 months ago. There's no formal policy, but it's generally accepted that spoilers need to be used within the first two weeks of realize, and then are a kind consideration if used as far out as a month.

And that's a whole lot kinder than what you'll get from the media or conversations in day to day life.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"LatinoReview" ...? Credible source? :confused:

Exclusive: Meet The Final 5 Members Of The ‘Justice League’ & See Who Didn’t Make The Final Cut!

@ IMDB :eek:

7. emjohn

1 person likes this.
  8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

What a shame to put it on Supes returns....

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Strategic move by WB. The Batman franchise has wrapped up and with Josh Gordon Levitt as a replacement nobody can forecast how well a new Batman reboot can perform. Man of Steel would be next movie in the pipe line for the DC universe and if WB can't make Superman successful the Justice League film could be a financial disaster. I don't think the changes in management also helps the situation. Apprently, Robinov is the one making such hits and his possible departure could leave a huge void to fill creatively for Justice League. Nice read, thanks.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Superman better be good. :mad:

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think it will be. Nolan is on fire right now; I feel like his production values added to Snyder's eye for flair should work pretty well. I'm hopeful.

12. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Don't hold your breath, folks.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/07/justice-league-may-be-looking-for-new-writers/

If it wasn't ever more apparent then now, DC/WB have no idea how to run and plan ahead for success the way Marvel has been doing.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've never been confident in this movie. Time and time again, some company will try to emulate a successful idea with their own spin on it, and it falls dreadfully short of expectations.

The reason The Avengers was so well done was that they had a clear cut idea in mind, and it was original. The whole "Phase 1" was all planned from the get-go, whereas this movie seems like their just playing it by ear and forcing the issue.

If I were to bet, I'd say they still put out all these movies, as well as a Justice League movie. The quote "they don't want to lose a super hero arms race" kind of proves that they simply don't want to get even more buried by Marvel than they already are.

This movie would have some hope if they included Nolan's Batman trilogy in their plan, but the fact that they're rebooting him, which will OBVIOUSLY fall well short of Nolan's Batman, I don't think it stands a chance.

14. emjohn

Warner is just a mess. There have been too many stories over two solid decades of board rooms of executives going ten different directions like monkeys.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vgYhLIThTvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN TO PRODUCE JUSTICE LEAGUE, CHRISTIAN BALE MAY COME BACK!

http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/christopher-nolan-to-produce-justice-league-christian-bale-to-return-as-batman/

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

#96 Oski2005, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  17. Beezy

Beezy Member

But what about Ryan Reynolds??

18. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Christopher Nolan coming back is fine. Christian Bale is not. If they want to do a Justice League storyline, we need a new Batman. The universe Nolan created won't work well at all.

I kind of wish they'd just stop bothering with trying to force this Justice League movie so much. See how Man of Steel pans out, reboot Batman, and go from there. Quit trying to force this Justice League movie just because Avengers did so well. Part of the reason the Avengers did so well is because they really built up to it with 5 decent to solid movies and took their time and got very good talent behind it. The Avengers wouldn't have made near the money it did without the films beforehand and without being genuinely good. You can't just force it and expect Avengers success.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It will work fine if all these new superheroes start coming out during TDKR timeline and after. Better yet, WB would probably be better just doing a Bats and Supes team up movie if MoS is as good as the early screenings indicate, a Worlds Finest would be right up there with Avengers.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's been out for 8 months now dude. We are long past the timeframe where spoilers are necessary.