1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler has got to go...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Yes, Ackerman is t***. Him and Friedman > Drew Doughery & Nick Scurfield

2. Red&BlackPudman

Why don't we bring in pudman Bobby Sura?

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Is this the thread where I bash on one of the rockets legends??

have you guys heard half of the NBA announcers? Clyde is the man..step off

4. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

Hire Morgan Freeman. Boom championship.

1 person likes this.
  5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Can't believe how some of you guys speak about one of the greatest Houston sports legends of all time.He was a huge part of our 2nd championship and on the 50 all time greats list.I'm guessing most of you were still in diapers or didn't even exists during Phi Slamma Jamma ... So what if he isn't the greatest commentator,the man has earned his place.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would love to have Calvin back. Maybe they are waiting until they are championship caliber again.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

^^^That's why. He was awesome for us in the 2nd championship. He was a hell of a Trailblazer. A Legend for Portland.

He is a TERRIBLE commentator.

8. TheresTheDagger

I loved Bill Worrell's comment tonight.

"Darko looked like Dumbo on that foul"

LOL

9. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

Would you let Tom Cruise perform open heart surgery on your grandmother?

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

For real..

They want some dork that says boom shaka laka and boom goes the dynamite.

No respect. It's sad but not surprising.

Have you guys heard the SA announcers? The utah announcers?

Let's get rid of a legend like clyde and replace him with a 20 year old intern or a ball sucker like anna megan. It's like all of houston, tear down anything with any sort of history and replace it with a fresh slab of concrete and a cvs.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't mind Clyde that much, actually. He's good for a laugh. It's not like most local TV commentators are anything more than homer cheerleaders anyway. You think Stacy King or Sean Elliot give you much insight and bball knowledge?

At least Clyde doesn't have a bitter attitude and spend the entire time b****ing about how refs are screwing his team. I'd take goofy over bitter any day.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

IBTL I don't think you understand that a lot of us who grew up watching the Rockets grew up hearing Calvin Murphy's voice and also his voice when we won it all.

The history isn't there with Drexler. He just "filled in" while Calvin had to deal with his issues but we always thought he would come back. Calvin has the energy and chemistry with Worrel that Drexler doesn't have. Drexler is like a broke uneducated version of Fraizer as an analyst. It's time for Calvin to take his place where he belongs.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wish they'd bring Calvin back too...

I remember when Clyde was first put on and I said back then that it was a mistake. I don't like him as a commentator. At all.

14. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

With no Clyde on the broadcast there would be no Drexlerism thread. That in of itself is a good enough reason to keep him broadcasting.

15. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

does she do this for interviews? I could give her an interview.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You do realize Calvin Murphy had a hall of fame career, all with the rockets.

Thats who we want, he could break down the action and be funny as hell. I think we're so far removed a lot of fans don't remember how good he was.

If nothing else give bull the job full time, he's not spectacular, but at least i can listen to him without cringing, although clyde has his unintentional hilarious moments (see my handle).

He's a houston legend, but he's just not a great announcer, he never seems to know any plays, other than 1-4 flat, which we never actually run. He mispronounces names on a daily basis, and just seems to have a general cluelessness.

Even when they lost, the broadcasts were fun with the murph, but alas there seems to be no hope of getting him back.

17. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

is he serious, at least he gets his facts rights, we cannot say the same for Bill, I think Bill needs to go

18. junk151

junk151 Member

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

You guys just don't know. I have to listen to Sean Elliot when the Rockets and Spurs play here in San Antonio. Drexler is not bad at all. Calvin is better, but Drexler is by far not a homer like Sean Elliot. This is typical. not once a game, but 15-20 comments like this per game. And i'm not exaggerating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6kcrQSYBDAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. acjeitherocket

i agree 50000%. Clyde is horrible. wish i could mute him on my tv