1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

2. King Boo

King Boo Member

Nice one, hah.

BTW, clicked your photobucket, those aren't pictures of your body with Jeremy Lin's face pasted on are they? o_O

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

LOL, yeah, just messin around:)

4. luden

luden Member

Thanks for the videos clutch, much appreciated!

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wow some of the comments in this thread is madness. Don't even know why I am surprised.

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lin looked underwhelming but....
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully he will look better in the preseason games.

7. jocar

jocar Member

Holy moly this team's young. It looks like a pickup game at UH or something. Excited this is finally set in motion, and we get to witness a new team from start to finish

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Curious as to what was underwhelming about him. What did you expect a replay of linsanity in scrimmage? That would be silly. Anyway, can't wait to hear some of the commentary when fans go down to the open practice.

9. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Of the rooks, Lamb was the standout here for sure, I'd like to see DMo get a bit more of a focus but he did his role well enough..

Didn't even see TJ and Machado can't play defense yet.

Royce better get to training camp soon or he will be without a place on the team.. I hope his personal issue gets solved quickly (if it even is a real issue considering how vague McHale is being)

10. formido

formido Member

No he didn't. I can't imagine what expectations you'd have to have from a practice scrimmage to think so. Here were his plays from memory:

1. Pass to the baseline for an open shot but the offensive player hesitated and instead took a contested shot for a miss.
    2. Pass to a cutting player for an assist.
    3. Out of bounds pass from beyond midcourt to a streaking Parsons in stride for a layup assist.
    4. Pass to Asik in lane for layup attempt. Missed, but rebounded ball for a layup.
    5. Lin almost turns over ball but scramble turns into layup for his side.

So, about in line with his last year's production which resulted in a top 40 PER. Two assists, one "semi-assist", 1 (almost) TO, and 4 of 5 possessions resulted in baskets. If this is underwhelming, I expect a lot of underwhelming victories for the Rockets this year versus average and below average teams. I don't know what you think, but he's not going to drive for dunks. He's going to quietly make the offense more efficient. Before Lin started with the Knicks last year, they were near the the bottom of the league in offensive efficiency. Later, when he was on the court, they were ranked about 10th. If you expect him to wow you, you're gonna be disappointed. If you instead check the point differential with Lin off and on the court, you'll see where his value is.

1 person likes this.
  11. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

GOD doesn't plan to use Lin's body to crush his own teammates in practice

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

It isn't personal issues man, it's his life.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great to see this stuff. It finally feels like it's that time!

15. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Thanks clutch always giving us these exclusives

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Great Vids. Royce better get it together.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Get what together? His anxiety. Because I am sure he trying but it isn't as simple as that. You don't just get anxiety together like that.

18. Pubsaint

Pubsaint Member

Judging from Practice

Agree. That's pretty many assists he racked up for such a short time, Nash like. I expected more TO from him because he is still figuring out his teammates who he never played before with at the same time maybe running certain new offense sets Coach asked.

And also I noticed during the practice the spacing was not good and so many crowd under the basket. Perhaps other players are also trying to figure out how to run certain sets or how to space themselves as well.

You can not penetrate with so many people in there, but you can punish them by shooting outside. That's why I think shooters like Lamb and Douglas are doing well because there is less perimeter defense.

19. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Seemed the Rockets made a big mistake, thinking Royce's anxiety disorder would be containable.

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

does Royce have anxiety attacks when forced to speak in front of a crowd? if so, instead of having him speak to the media, they should just let him do skype. lol. why force the kid. ease him into it.