1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Lamb is special. His confidence is great and his potential is through the roof. His jump shot is smooth. The Hornets are going to regret drafting Austin Rivers over Lamb that's for sure.

2. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

3. Orange1

Orange1 Member

I guess there is a reason to name these videos "Scrimmage". Besides those usual game starters and shooters, the rest of guys really look green and raw. I can not even attach NBA player tags to them.

Coach McHale really knew basketballs and tried to lower fans expectations ahead of the time.

4. tefunk

tefunk Member

Lin has a rep for being a mediocre in practice. Hopefully he steps it up game time.

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

That was just a mess. I don't even want to see any more footage until a month into the season, at least.

6. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

if kmart looks good on the season like he looked on these videos then we got some shooting firepower!! lamb backing up martin seems kinda scary

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is actually not true. The reason why he played in NY was because he played well in practice. They weren't sure if his play would translate or not.

Anyway, that was really raw. Anyway didn't expect any differently we are rebuilding after all. I always laugh when people say that we are going to suck & still mope when they see video evidence of our future suckage. What I noticed from the video was Douglas' shooting looked good. Lamb was nice liked the buzzer beater. Asik was good as expected. Lin & Parsons & Martin stood out as well. Machado's D is going to be an issue so he will likely not play a lot. Anyway, this is just scrimmage and things were all over the place so even I would look good in this video.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Folks, that was first day scrimmage with a bunch of rookies and newcomers who had never played with each other before. What do you expect?

If they play like this in November, I'd be concerned.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Exactly. As jopatmc said, ugly.

One would expect some ugliness, etc. but to see how easy the game is to KMart, even at half his normal speed, whereas the youngun's are clearly trying hard and "struggling"... that should be a good indication of the team's fate.

That's not to say Lin, Martin, Parson, PPat, Asik can't go out there and compete. But win consistently and compete are two different things.

I really really really really hope Morey's plan works, but I have a pretty good feeling that at season's end you're looking at a 7-14 seed in the lottery... AGAIN

On positive notes, Lamb clearly looks like he belongs and Asik looks a lot less lanky and uncoordinated than I remember.

#49 JayZ750, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Reason?

Get that crap outa here!

Either the sky is falling or we are winning a championship, got it?

11. anchel

anchel Member

Asik looks good, but has 0 opposition.

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Until you go down to the other end to play defense.

13. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Clutch, thanks.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The game has always been pretty effortless for Kmart, I kinda wanna see Kmart and Lamb playing together though, now that's firepower

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

300 pounds of firepower!

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

And all this time I believed the lies about everyone in front of Lin getting hurt.:cool:

Regardless, thanks Clutch! Great stuff.

17. kimboviper

kimboviper Member

first day of camp with new bodies everywhere and people are treating it like its the playoffs...

18. rocketsmetalspd

Thanks Clutch. Nice to see the team hard at work.

19. King Boo

King Boo Member

Little early to make that kind of judgement, especially off of a few short videos, don't you think? I actually counted 3 assists and 0 turnovers by Lin.

The offense isn't going to look pretty for a while, not until the players get more familiar with each other. I'm actually more interested in the improvement in Lin's shooting. Lin's shooting coach said Lin's worst shooting day this year is better than his best shooting day last year.

20. pnr

pnr Member

Lin looked more to pass, which isn't really his strength. But i do hope he keeps trying to make the right pass, as he really needs to get better in that area. I'm curious about his shooting as well.