1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. my2cents

my2cents Member

Lin did good; he focused on pass and set up for others to play.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

That too. But he doesn't step on the court if he didn't play well in practice & when they sent him down to the D-Leauge.

3. Convictedstupid

DMo's pass to Patterson at 1:41 in the 2nd scrimmage video is a thing of beauty. If only Patterson was expecting it.

4. trowa

trowa Member

thank you so much! lamb looks ready

5. Moahst

Moahst Member

Thanks for the video Clutch! Chandler Parson's stroke still looks terrible but I saw him making some beautiful passes.

6. alethios

alethios Member

From what I saw, news of the death of our interior defense is greatly exaggerated! Omer the Terrible will bring the thunder!

But in all seriousness, he's looking good on the defensive end and is getting in position to make dunks off passes. There's hope for our center position.

7. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Definitely. Lamb looks like a special talent, just need his frame to fill out 10 more pounds and get some experience underneath him.

Yeah, I heard about his rep for oftentimes looking ordinary in practice. I hope that's true because damn he looked terrible out there.

Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, Jeremy Lamb.

Those were the three highlight players. Everyone else looked pretty ordinary.

8. dream1222

dream1222 Member

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Come on, it's just practice ! lol. Asik,Parsons,Martin....hmm what do they have in common? Oh yeah, they have been regulars in an NBA rotation. Rockets fans' patience is a word we're going to hear a lot early on.

I withhold judgement until after November on just what we have right now, besides a bunch of rookies. Lamb seems destined for special things though, and I sure hope Lin shows up above average in the long haul.

Kevin Martin seems to have his head screwed on straight, so there's that.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wow people are really overreacting. If it's this bad after practice I can only imagine what it is like after actual games lol. Things are going to get really feisty I am sure.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

McHale's critique was understated.

12. kastuul

kastuul Member

It's a few minutes of practices only.
    Don't jump to conclusion so early.

13. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

Thank you Clutch

Since I don't have Comcast and think its stupid with rockets/Astros owning most of that network, that they let preseason get here and probably reg season without getting the new channel on uverse and directv.....
    This is the best I can hope for awhile! Thank u clutch!

Can't wait to see lamb and d-mo grow to form into the 2all stars we have been waiting all these years for. Fun team to watch grow.

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

If practice performance can tell everything,
    the rocket would not let Lin go to NY last season.

15. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

I understand people are anxious (no pun intended) for the season to start, but it's training camp. The clips shown don't even amount to one quarter and this is a young team with guys that have barely played together. Expecting things to go smoothly in the first few sessions is unrealistic. You've got all these training camp invites who won't make the team and I'm sure that adds to the lack of execution, etc. I'm hoping they get their roster figured out sooner rather than later so they can move on to figuring out what kind of offense to run, planning a defensive scheme, etc. Being younger and less experienced than most teams, the Rockets are starting a lot father behind than a team like the Celtics. I am hopeful, however, that the team can find enough chemistry to become competitive by the end of the preseason schedule.

16. trowa

trowa Member

that is very true......

17. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

thanks for the footage Clutch. I love our practice unis.

18. kent335

kent335 Member

Relax

This is practice and scrimmage. Players are not supposed to go 100% and risk injury.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Jeremy Lin is driving to the lane a little too aggressively... Dude needs to chill and take it easy, he's already on the team/ wait until the season starts to turn up the volume...

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Royce looked great out there ...dudes gonna be a beast