1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Yeah, I think last year was an anomaly for TD, with the injury, losing the starter position (and the confidence) and with also having a baby (from what I recall the "personal reasons" at least for the games in March were due to his son's birth). Aside from last season, TD is a good scorer and is a pretty good defender (although if Lin were still with the Knicks, I would have loved for Lin to have scrimmaged against defensive stalwarts like Shumpert).

But what I really like about TD was how genuinely supportive he was of Lin and the team when he lost the starter role and eventually fell out of the rotation. I'm sure he was very upset and disappointed, but he didn't show it. When he was traded to Houston, he was on a talk show there and was just very sensible and level headed in how he expressed himself about how the past season went. I like what I saw of TD in the scrimmage today and am rooting for him. With a new team and a new start, I think he'll likely regain his confidence and shooting touch.

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Lamb doesn't miss...

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Lamb is the second coming of George Gervin...I like.

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Toney Douglas was always promising as an off-ball guard, which was and still is his natural position.

Solid perimeter defender with a good outside shot. He'd be a great complementary guard in the 2nd unit rotation with Royce White running the point, but now of course we've got huge question marks regarding Royce.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I didn't like Machado's body language at all. Chandler is breakout player and lamb is a baller. Kevin Martin is same old softie. Our bigs? No comments.....wait a sec, there was one big who got my attention just don't know who he is.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Really liked Douglas, Asik, Parsons and K-Mart(always lookin for the pass, nice).

Disappointed seeing Chandler's one 3pt attempt, shot still looks broken as hell and will likely result in a bad 3pt%. His vision and passing was great though.

Think Douglas' last season was a fluke, expectin a real solid campaign this year.

7. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This is how I felt...

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Asik, better than advertised and Lamb, thank you Orlando. I hope Lin is a gamer than a practice player because to me, he doesn't look good in those vids. 2012-13 NBA's Most Improved Player will be Asik. Thanks Clutch, I love this.

9. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Awesome footage, ty clutch!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that was Durant, like your optimism

11. VanityHalfBlack

So according to Clutchfans and based on 1 day of scrimmage the results are:

Lamb will be Gervin
    Lin is an enigma
    T.Douglas will be 6th man of the year
    Asik will be most improved player of the year
    Coach Mchale is understated
    Patterson is trash

Ummmmm, can you nerds wait until about 10 games into the real season before busting a nut???

12. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

What? You mean all future events can't be predicted based on 2-3 minute scrimmage clips on Day 1 of training camp? Blasphemy!

1 person likes this.
  13. roxxy

roxxy Member

People are calling Patterson a scrub & the coaches said he improved the most. People are saying Lin is an enigma & coaches say he is a willing learner. There is a disconnect.

14. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I like TD. Loved how he was so supportive of his team mates last year even though he basically lost his position and barely played, but he was always cheering on his team mates. I just hate that he make some dumb decisions. Hopefully, he improves on that and also his shooting.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A few minutes of footage of the first day practice must have more validity than any coach's observation. Better keep that in mind when you are on here. :grin:

Seriously, on the first day of practice, positives should be more telling than negatives. When it's mid season, that'll be a different story.

16. mirus

mirus Member

17. VanityHalfBlack

So basically you're saying a user on Clutchfans have more validation in terms of analyzing a team more than the coaches???? Am I reading that right???

18. Arthurprescott2

First, you are using the word "validation" wrong. Second, ever heard of sarcasm?

19. AFS

AFS Member

Lamb pulling up from almost half court. Ridiculous range on his jump shot. Can't wait for him to be our starter.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

WHOOSH.:eek: