1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Donatas Motiejunas works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2013.

1. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

I think I'm pretty high on DMo: I'm intrigued by his speed and mobility, but his dreadful %age from 3's, his pathetic rebounding numbers and his weak defense make him a strange oddity among 7 footers.

I hate to say it, but I think Morey has already sized him up as trade bait in a package deal for an elite 4.

2. woket

woket Member

Donuts trying to spin too fast and losing control of the ball. Might need to lower his stance a bit or spin slower to gain more control. But, good to see him trying.

3. SeabrookMiglla

dmo has a rare skill set. you dont find many players who have offensive post moves like dmo. but he has some serious things he needs to work on. i think he will thrive under hakeem more than anyone on this team. time will tell

4. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

People forget that the Dream is not only a genius on offense but also on defense... this is something he can really teach DMo... defensive positioning...

5. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

that move is so simple, c'mon dmo man

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Hakeem's swift movement is unreal. Wow. So beautiful.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sad to see he has no control. He almost tripped and decapitated himself. I see why the nba has gotten so soft, the practice drills are just shooting tons free throws.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you are very optimistic. He worked all summer getting better, first day of practice, he sucks. Thats my take and advice......

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if he is not cut out to be an NBA starter or player does not make him a sucky player. Remember VSpan was King of Europe not long ago.

10. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Donatas is ~260 for sure. I know better than 2 years old player profile you found on google.

Lin and Patric played more minutes than DMO.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

freaking hell, dream is able to shake and smoke ! would be awesome if rockets could produce a couple of players with 60% of what he has.

13. basketballholic

I'm wondering if he can play 10 minutes a night starting in March.

14. nobie

nobie Member

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Forget about working on his core or balance. DMO needs to work on holding on to the ball when he spins. Half of the time he just loses the ball. That was embarrassing...

Are his hands too small or something?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stop being a foolish. He's added 10+ pounds and that is 237 at best if the numbers were old. I would think he started out 215 his rookie year.
    He can't add that much by playing in the Euro Tournament and other friendly games. I followed those games. He was burning calories.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=233945&page=14

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...goes-home-with-goal-of-packing-on-4602050.php

17. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

The dream spin is actually a carry every single time; technically an illegal play, but whatever. I guess it's just never called, for whatever reason/s.

18. j3i

j3i Member

He's not faster Donatas, he is just able to handle his own speed.

19. nobie

nobie Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SportsDean">@SportsDean</a> 260</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/statuses/357753187479986177">July 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

God your a blockhead :confused:

20. SpiceLaneCowboy

smdh at dmo losing the ball twice.

i dont see the upside people here at clutch fans rave about.