1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Donatas Motiejunas works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

We are in win now mode, I see him being traded to not waste a roster spot or packaged in another trade no more d-league - my opinion

2. StandontheLake

First time trying something, he loses control of the ball a few times, and you're worried? No, the goal is to be able to go as fast as he can while maintaining control. The sort of problem he was having is the sort of problem that will improve a lot in a few hours of work.

When turnovers become a concern is when he masters doing it with no one guarding him (which most people can probably do) and then has to start doing it through contact

Apparently TJones said he thought Hakeem could still go.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

D-Mo always had balance problems, it's not specific to this video.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Nice try by DMo. Trying out lost post moves is not an easy thing to do especially when he is trying to make some of the moves Dream makes. Dream's movement is fluid compare to most trying his moves. Dream should teach the baby hook shot from 10ft in to the players.

5. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

what's with all the d-mo hate all of a sudden?

1 person likes this.
  6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It's the first time he's tried out something new. Seems reasonable to give him some time before criticizing it.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DMo seems to have tiny hands compared to Hakeem, causing him to lose the ball while trying pull Hakeem's moves.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Other than that terrible head fake move, he looked okay. Needs practice of course.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dmo is left handed so some of moves will look akward the first time he tries them.

10. Ultimate6thMan

I'm not the thread police, but it's nice when threads stay on topic and someone doesn't derail a thread or positive momentum about a team that we all love here. You have been to more Rockets games than I have since 2009, but I have been a fan since 1986..just so you know. I only mentioned your join date, not to say that you were not a fan because of it, but since a good percentage of your threads are about how great TJones is; I wondered if that was your sole reason for joining.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm not even sure it's the footwork, it's the handles, Dream has the ball on a string.

Dmo tries to protect the ball a lot more (i guess its a euro thing), but it also means the control isn't as good.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@ IDK how old is he.

13. jocar

jocar Member

I got the chills when I read the title that went away real quick after seeing DMo drop the ball every time :(

Dream is our best option at PF and he's more healthy than Camby. And he can shoot 3's.

14. jocar

jocar Member

People with tiny hands can do those moves all day. It's more about hand placement and coordination. Looks like he might need a lot of practice

15. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

It's Asik's turn.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

I mentioned 2009 because that was your join date and you stated my join date in a comparison to what I know about the rockets or just becoming a fan I was assuming, I been a fan since 86 also the year I was born

I only post a few threads about jones don't know where you get that info from, your defensive of dmo so I guess you think he is a better PF than jones which is cool it's your opinion, I mentioned jones because that's his first sighting also maybe I could have put it on another thread but haven't been a tjones since the stomping, this thread could have been dream working with dmo and jones working on his shot also but DREAM brings the hype of course

You came at me offensive saying is he my cousin ? that's not cool I am African American but my favorite player on the team actually is LIN

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not giving secrets to the enemy (he's getting traded soon)

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

As i have said before and i really hope he proves me wrong, i just don't see anything special in D-Mo other than being a 7-footer than can shoot who's wearing Rockets red. I mean this might sound premature but what makes him better than a younger Darko Milicic who was a 2nd overall pick? Looks pretty similar to me, which is mediocre. Only way D-Mo gets playing time in this league is if he learns how to play solid defense and be a good rebounder. He can't even get consistent minutes from his national team.

19. conquistador#11

When the coaches don't know how to incorporate into the offense, you're going to be lost, like pau with mike brown and pringles. I'd like to see more post up demo than shoot crazy three point shot demo. Love demo when he is not falling down. He can also spread the floor just by his amazing passing skills.

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Jones is a tweener and was getting absolutely abused in the post last year by the bigger power forwards. DMo is meanwhile 7 foot, 260 lbs. Other teams weren't contesting him in the post too much last year simply b/c of his height. However DMo's footwork on defense was atrocious. Over the summer he seemed to improve on that area though.