1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Donatas Motiejunas works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Ultimate6thMan

Nah, we cool man. As I said, I actually think TJones will get more playing time than DMo. I was just saying that there is no need to make a thread about DMo into one about TJones. I saw a couple of your other posts supporting TJones, but no big deal as I like him also. I just don't wanna see anything with DMo and TJones similar to JLin and Bev, although I have no ability to stop anything. lol But we cool man, my apologies for jumping on your back.

1 person likes this.
  2. MONON

MONON Member

Lets not get carried away there. I agree with everything you said except for "he can shoot 3's". 1 for 1 doesn't make you a 3 pt shooter. :grin:

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So you guys see a few minutes of a work out and you can make a full assessment of a player.

I guess everyone is an expert.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

School is in session

Dream!

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Lin (29) and Beverly (21) both had more than twice as many blocks as DMo (10) last year. You can't have a defensive sieve at PF and win big in the NBA.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I don't know why everybody is saying this video is awesome because it was painful to watch if I was dream I would of started yelling at him dream must have some really good patience because everything and every move d-mo did looked sloppy even his handles dream was doing the same moves with Dwight and it looked 100x better but everybody will say d-mo has a better offensive game then dwight please glad d-mo is trying but dream just schooled him I'll be surprised if d-mo world out with him again because d-mo should be embarrassed

7. hahachui

hahachui Member

DMO might be our next DREAM.
    Cant wait to see Harden and DMO post move in real games.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

thanks all good cool !

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Get your facts right. DMo is listed around 220-230 while Jones is 252 lbs.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's possible that both Dream and DMo realized that Mo is 23 years old, and that this is the first of many opportunities they will have to work together. Nothing about this video is final or indicative of DMo's entire career projection.

Silly Clutchfans.

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Like many already said, I would really like to see Hakeem play 10-15 mins a game a la Deke. He would own other teams' backup centers.

12. bongman

bongman Member

From the videos I have seen of the "Dream lessons", the one thing he does different than the pupils is he is doing that spin move while cradling the ball. Our players have the tendency to have one more dribble the ball so they loose that smoothness and maybe quickness.

I think they are too fokkass'd on the feet work that they don't notice how Hakeem handles the ball. IMHO, I feel that needs to develop a mini drill specifically on how to cradle that ball.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

DMo looks like a project to me. He seemingly has all the right tools but is so raw right now. I think TJones is the starter at this rate, with Casspi/Asik/Covington being potential backups while Greg Smith is out.

14. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

DREAMSHAKES LOOOK SWEEEETTT BOIIIII CHYEAAA

seriously, they look pretty clean.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

wtf. jones getting abused? Dmo improved footwork improved and you know this how?

If anything, t-jones wasnt playing because he would shoot a random three or a long two. There wasnt an offense, pick and Harden.

16. bmd

bmd Member

Dream should yell at you for not using a single period in that entire statement.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The D-Mo hate is strong in this one.

Look.... the Rockets have several years left with D-Mo still on a rookie contract, and Asik/Camby wont be around forever (for obvious different reasons). I know people hate the idea of D-Mo playing center EVER, but he's a good option to try and groom for the future as a backup...

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... D-Mo right now is House Money... why would you go waste it away on a late future 2nd rounder (assuming that's all he's worth in trade)??? People suggesting that D-Mo get traded right now are being EXTREMELY short sited.

I'm not saying he's ever going to be a consistent contributor, but I am saying he's worth keeping around for the time being unless he's needed as a sweetener piece in a great trade to bring in a all-star caliber player.

D-Mo is house money talent, and if they groom him the right way and continue to work on his strength, skill, and he matures mentally to be a smarter player, they could find themselves with one of the better backup bigs in the league at the very least. The upside is him improving enough to secure the long-term PF slot. Something NOBODY is banking on anyways.

Just because a team is a contender doesn't mean they give up ALL young players that aren't currently in the rotation. Look at Jeremy Lamb this year for the Thunder.... did he contribute last year???.... Could be invaluable to them now this year and in the future???......

#77 dobro1229, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Finally a post with some thought behind it.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dmo looks terrible, and a long ways from being an NBA starter. We should move him for someone. Anyone.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We aren't likely to get anything for him right now.