1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Donatas Motiejunas works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give up. Believe what you want. He wish he could be 260 and dance like Scola or move like the Dream on the court after going into the woods.

Players always cheat on their size and I should believe everything they tweet?

2. hbomb

hbomb Member

Serious question, what would need to happen.....

for hakeem to play like 5-8 minutes a game for a 10-12 game stretch?

Would it be illegal under NBA rules?

Just seeing him move, brings backs such good memories. Would be good to see him play haha.

3. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Donuts isn't a post scorer. He's far better facing the basket. Even then, his 3 pt %age is pretty shaky.

D is a fast, agile big, but he doesn't have a post game, and can't really shoot 3's. He's not a good defender or rebounder, either.

4. nobie

nobie Member

Well Dream is listed as 255. While being 7 ft as well.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You obviously haven't been following this guy very long if you dont think he's got a post game. Believe what you want I guess, but you dont really know what you're talking about if you say he doesn't have a post game.

6. SpiceLaneCowboy

lol wut?

when have you seen dmo fare better at facing the basket?

dmo sucks on D. doesnt have lbs or physicality to play defense nor the fast twitch muscle fiber, as you said cant shoot from the outside nor the free throw line. he really cant do anything well to be honest.

people went beserk when dmo showed some flashes of post work competence and mistakenly upped his potential for greatness.

he wont be in the nba in 5 years. i see him flaming out in 2-3 years maybe less.

7. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Dream is closer to 6'10" than 7'.

8. nobie

nobie Member

My point was, dmo weight was similar to Hakeem, while poster about started talking that at 260 dmo wouldnt be able to move as fast. Yet thats not the case.

9. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

No one's been following him very long since he's only played the equivalent of half a season and barely started a dozen games. How minutes did he average? 10?

10. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Come on dude, hakeem is 50+. I do agree he still looks great however.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Congrats on making yourself look uneducated.

12. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

DMO is the most honest guy on this team. He always says what he thinks in the interviews, why the hell should he lie about his weight, you mor*n!? Look at pictures of him - he's not skiny. 7 footers that are not skinny weight that much. I'm 6'4 and 234 and I don't even look fat or am I really muscular.
    Saying that DMo weights 222 when DMo himself stated he's 260 is briliant idiocracity, you should delete yourself from this thread.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

2012/13 preseason, RGV Vipers 2012/13 season, Eurobasket 2013, 2011/12 Prokom season, 2009/10 Benetton Treviso season, FIBA Under 19 league, Nike hoops summit, 2008 Baltic League.....

This guy has been around for quite some time. If you follow European basketball, and draft prospects you've been able to watch him basically grow up before our own eyes.

Even with the Rockets last year after only getting spotty minutes in the NBA, he still played a significant amount in the D-League.

He is a pure post scorer, who has great form on his shot, but poor core & lower body control leading to inconsistent and flat shooting for the outside. His defensive effort is typically pretty decent, but struggles to hold his own in the post due to his poor core and lower body strength. Team defense instincts are bad, but could use improvement. Often comes out too much to help on the pick and roll, and doesn't get back in the paint quick enough....

Want me to keep on going cause obviously people need to read the cliff notes on players before they start getting opinions off of a couple youtube clips.

14. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Dwight Howard misses more free throws in a season than Steve Nash in his entire career. Dwight Howard plays Center, but he's not even a 7 footer. Dwight Howard can't make 3s at all and doesn't shoot from mid range either. Dwight Howard has poor ball handling skills and is not the fastest guy in the NBA.
    Really, dobro, everyone have weaknesses, but not many are judged by their weaknesses, so please don't be so negative about a Houston Rocket

15. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Nice videos Clutch. Thanks. DMo's quickness exceeds his ability to balance....and not sure he will ever be able to fix that.

Hakeem shows great resect for Dwight and his work ethic. Great to see. D12 will have a great year.

16. nobie

nobie Member

By your logic, dmo should add more weight and slow down

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Geez man, Dream did to spin move with ease. DMo, who I thought was fairly skilled, had trouble. Shows you the level of dreams skill at this age. Amazing.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

It was pretty eye opening contrast.

But, the old man still got it!

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

He's definitely not 222lbs now, atleast 245 after training camp and Eurobasket with NT.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Gersson Rosas wasn't kidding when he told us <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot">@DonatasMot</a> had bulked up to 257 pounds. His hard work is paying off. <a href="http://t.co/BLAKF30d9b">pic.twitter.com/BLAKF30d9b</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/362975745372467201">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Now I get it.

I thought I was a pretty good musician because of all the songs I can play on stage. Now I'm just a sucky musician because I REALLY suck at the song I learned today. :eek: