1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7441527.html

1 person likes this.
  2. RocketMania1991

Rockets are just in a tough spot. Anytime they try and do something they get shutout.

Were due for something good in the future.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel better about our management after reading this. No stone will go unturned, and Daryl will have the Gundy eyes when it is all said and done. I hope that whoever he grabs has less than 2 years on contract, to make for a quick rebuild If need be. I would be content to come away from this deadline with say 28 year old Gerald Wallace.

2. Kevin Martin-28
    3. Gerald Wallace-28
    4. Luis Scola-30

Would be a joy to watch. Add a center down the line, A Jimmer Fredette in the draft. Things would be fun again...

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Sounds like Morey is locked in his office with a cheap bottle of whiskey and a gun with one bullet. How depressing this has all been.

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Morey is a good kid. He's working hard. He's battling. He's fighting to make this team better.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If he can get a high draft pick AND an impact player I'd be giddy. That would be more then most GMs do in years let alone at the deadline. I'd say its G. Wallace and Bulls 1st rd pick they own from Charlotte. Not getting a Asik would be kind of a bummer, though.

Saying all that, not sure I like all the excuses laid out in the piece. He pretty much laid out an escape plan in case nothing happens. I guess that's GM speak but kind of annoying.

#6 rockets934life, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's so obvious the writer of that article is an avid reader of ClutchFans.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I wonder If he would consider dealing Scola now, because I for one think that Patrick will be 100% ready to start after one offseason...

How about a Jimmer/Terrence, Terrence/Jimmer backcourt? :grin:

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO, Morey has done a good job. you can't blame him for those two broken down benchwarmers we had(have). Nor the recent gathering of superstars to certain teams.

10. Prince

Prince Member

I'm waiting harder also.. it's 4.09 and nothing is imminent.. ...

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I think morey has done a great job with the cards he's been dealt, i'll reserve judgement on him for a few more years because he's barely now able to start putting together his team.

this still sucks though :(

12. worzel gummidge

Clippers, Hawks, and Bulls all reportedly looking for backcourt help.

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

We trade Bud for filler and right to swap picks 2011 to the Clips. C.Lee for Asik. This, much like the Martin trade would improve us, but not enough to make the Playoffs.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

that's just a terrible terrible foundation for a franchise if it ever hoped to compete for a championship, much like today's team.

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I REALLY REALLY hope a deal is done by the trade deadline, players always fit in better if they have half a season and the summer to get ready for a playoff push, like martin did..

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Wallace and Martin would work, pretty well actually, Martin's defense is improving and with Wallace he would ALWAYS get the weaker of the 2 wing players, the heat being really the only team that would be an issue against (as it is for everyone really), but that team would also need a low post centre, so scola would be superfluous, as you'd want a mid range pf type (patterson 2 years from now would likely be a better fit, and cheaper).

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

ATM Im not expecting anything to happen untill the last 2-3 hours.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

3 allstars on flexible contracts is just terrible, isn't it?

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what's all this about Morey passing on Amare?

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'd still love to see lee, battier, Lowry, Martin, 2pat stay all thecwhile getting Wallace and Jackson. On top of that it'd be great also to pry mayo and thabeet from Memphis but it's painful to give up on Lee's defense for Mayo's offense and attitude problems.