1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

It's not an opinion, go look at the record the Rockets had with Landry and the record we've had since we've had Martin. With Martin as our "star," we've have our 2nd and 3rd worst seasons of the last several years.

2. tested911

tested911 Member

That is crap.... D'will to Sac and what Landry to Houston hahah or maybe cousins... :confused:

3. Rockets_4_life

Dude, In Utah, they're proud just to freaking win and make the playoffs every year. If the Rockets can take advantage of that, then they should.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That probably has more to do with our formerly starting PG have one of the worst one-season regressions in recent Rockets history and our backup (supposedly up-and-coming) SF playing the first half of the season like he didn't belong in the league. And then we can factor in how the team tried to fit in a broken down Yao for the first five games and.......well you get what I'm saying.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

All you posters calling for Morey's head need to recognize. Just read the chron article. This guy "get's it". He's the most candid and fan-considerate GM you could hope for. He's working hard to make our team better. And on top of all that, he's smart and he knows what he is doing. The day Morey moves on is the day all you haters look really stupid. T-Mac and Yao on the down-slope, with their combined 30+ million salary was not an easy hurdle to overcome. Let's give him a chance to actualize his vision for the team.

unfreaking believable all the haters! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

At this point the Rox are the fat girl at the club, hoping to get some attention before everything closes.

LAST CALL!!

2 people like this.
  7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

YA WHAT THE HECK...

We were trying to faciliatate that...ugh thats 2 failures in one mis trade...that we didnt get the trade done they were trying for and that we were not even trying to get d will..

guys im about to label the rockets the astros of basketball..or worse.....the texans

8. Rockets_4_life

If Daron was going to Sacramento, the only thing I can think of that was going to Utah must of been Kevin Martin + young player, and Cousins to Houston.

That trade would've been awesome! :(

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeo we probably facilitated it and were recieving Cousins. Morey lowballed again perhaps and now lost another almost. Oh well againnnnnnn... :mad:

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dude, what imaginary world do you live in and why did you stop taking the anger management courses along with the meds? So non-sensical i thought Tybrave had returned.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You mad over my angry smiley?

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

dude, stop crying every time a player doesn't come to the rockets.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You mad over my posts?

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

dude, stop crying every time a player doesn't come to the rockets. that's all it looks like.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

How about stop crying over my posts?

16. Relentless

Relentless Member

Oh geez, another Landry fanboy...

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

im crying...

this has been one of the most active trade years i have ever seen

We missed out on moving up in the draft where we oculd have got cousins or favors (according to morey)
    we missed on chandler
    we missed on melo
    we missed on bosh
    we missed on dwill...or cousins whatever we were getting

What have we done right besides the k mart...and honestly isnt what i thought.

I guarantee we could have got gortat last year or the begining of this year....before they blew it up.

We miss drafted by not taking dandre jordan, asik...and all that trust in morey has honestly been completely lost.

I think he is trying to get to good of a deal and teams just move on. This was the year to overpay and get something...instead we are in the worst place possible in the nba..high salary and middle of the road record...

We have no rising superstar...and no cap space.

19. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I'm a fanboy for stating a fact? I could care less about Carl Landry, but it doesn't take a genius to look at the record and say we were better with him last year than we have been without him.

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

An Astros comparison isn't too far fetched. A team with a taste of glory in the past that has jettisoned their stars and are now rebuilding.

The Texans comparison is just butt-hurt hyperbole. The Texans have one winning season in their history, and even then that 9-7 season was pure underachieving. Not to mention the coaching staff and front office probably should be looking for new jobs.