1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think you're right.

I think he's hammering Sac for Cousins and getting no interest back. Already struck out on reacquiring Landry.

I think he may be trying to pry a good pick out of the Nets for Brooks with them holding firm on the Lakers pick as the standing offer.

A lot of folks out there trying to buy....not a lot out there for sale. Blows.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What I am starting to hear alot is offseason. Hope his plan in the offseason works when it gets there too.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

which plan is that?

the fact that morey is revered so much in houston shows just how pathetic our sports franchises really are in 2011.

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

assuming gortat and nene dont get moved... from what I can tell morey is after one of the 3 up and coming european centers

Asik
    erden
    and mozgov... on paper they all look the same. Dont really know who is better.

Chicago fans love asik...new york fans love mozgov, and boston fans love erden.

I would think some package around lee could asik even if we had to throw in a pick or another asset...this is a must resolve need.

Mozgov...I believe could be a 3 way or deal similar to the nene...eat harrintons deal or another player Maybe have to give up hill and bud or 3 way where you deal brooks…

Boston might be the best bet in this case…we could prob send battier and eat oneals contract for erden.

I think all situations….I try to get gortat first if that fails prob best to go after erden then asik. One of these options almost have to happen. Then we can trade yao and assets for Wallace (the price isn’t that high).

Lowry
    Martin
    Wallace
    Scola
    European center lol… with pat pat and t will (high upside players coming off the bench. If these are made I would feel reasonably well about our future.

5. megastahr

ive done a lot of research and every team rockets are "involved" with have one of these young centers.

I think the easiest move...if nene is resigned in denver is to set up some type of 3 way deal with nets... (maybe if they try to get gallanari)

Where we send brooks to the nets get mozgov
    Nets send draft picks to nuggets
    and maybe we eat a contract

You can always throw in hill or bud to close the deal.

I know you guys think im overpaying...but at this point you have to. Unless you want morey to rebuild in one of the weakest free agency/ draft classes in recent memory.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Out of the three Euro centers mentioned Asik has looked like the best of the three but Mozgov seems like most likely to get traded if Nene agrees to an extension in the next 24 hrs. Most likely, that extension will not happen in time and the Nuggets will keep him as a cheap contengency plan over the summer.

This upcoming draft might be one where the Rockets are forced to trade for need, and take a player who can play the center position. Thats why it might be best to trade for the Pick that the Bulls are offering for Lee if they dont budge at the witching hour and give up Asik as well.

-The Pick offered is the 2011 Miami first round pick. Obviously going to be one of the last picks of the 1st round but a good quality player can still be stashed down there. There is a 7'0" Brazilian Center named Lucas Nogueira that is projected to be around the 20th spot in the draft. Could be someone you could pick up with an aquired late 1st round pick like this one.

Still Lee for the 1st rounder is a lopsided trade in favor of the Bulls, and I wouldn't think Morey would budge until the trade deadline tommorrow night to try and get Asik + the pick for Lee.

-Battier to the Celtics seems more likely right now at this point. The Celtics have a late first rounder as well to give I believe. Since Battier is an expiring and might be lost for nothing this offseason, I see no reason to hold onto him unless the Rockets really think they can get to the playoffs.

Its a tough tough trade deadline with tough decisions to be made for Morey. I would not want the stress that he must have right now.

7. megastahr

well i dont think lee for a pick is even an option.

There is nothing better than lee in the draft...and his trade value is higher than that pick.

I think we are asking for asik they offered a pick we laughed...they offered asik but want something else like hill or a pick or jeffries or something... thats what i am thinking...

Boston deal i believe is around battier and taking on oneal...they prob wanted to trade picks to do that.

But...we wont. In order for the celts to get battier we have to take on oneal (salaries) or work a 3 way. If we trade battier and eat oneals contract which isnt an asset...that should net us erden.

I am guessing we just dont want that and are trying to get perkins in that daeal

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Deron Williams just went to NJ Nets for Favors and Picks

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Holy cow thats huge for that franchise. Good for them. Just caught the report on twitter.

10. megastahr

ugh this is just getting stupid....

im about to give up being a basketball fan...

i was really hoping in him...maybe cp3...after that we have no chance at a superstar

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am gonna go spend the rest of the day with my children. Ugh!!! Forget it...

12. davids2004

davids2004 Member

Just give it up. The Rockets are not going to do anything. Tomorrow when the trade deadline is over with, we are going to have the same team.

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Jeebus, Morey missing out?

Great trade by the Nyets!

Imagine if you suddenly hear the same thing aboug CP3 to Rockets... j*zz.

14. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

So now the "plan" gets pushed back again? How many trade deadline/off seasons do we have to go through the same thing? We've needed a center for 3 years, still don't have one. We've needed a new star for 3 years, still don't have one. We've needed to unload all these so called "assets" for a year now, still haven't. The excuses are getting old. Meanwhile, stars continue to be moved to other teams, it's not like they aren't out there. I really wish Morey would quit putting out wussy quotes trying to get people to feel sorry for him and instead get something done. All that matters is results.

15. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

haha nice imagery

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can't make chicken soup with chicken ****, people.

Morey doesn't have other teams picks or a 19 year old 3rd pick PF!

He inherited a team with no cap space. A team too good for the lotto and too bad for a championship!

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If anything, that Deron trade just makes it even less likely that Morey will start the rebuilding process now.

18. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

then he should build a team to get a top 5 pick.

It is not that hard if tanking has been the option these two seasons.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I was being sarcastic. Believe me thats not what I am seeking with that comment. Now that Deron Williams is gone too. I am not in a very good mood with relation to our GM right now.

20. megastahr

no no...he doesnt...but he either should have not planned to trade for melo and bosh knowing it wouldn’t happen…and gone after someone in the draft. Like cousins…I saw a report that stated we could have got nets and the 76ers picsk but it would have cost a ton.

Honestly…we prob could have given jazz scola, brooks and say t will or lee and draft pick and got d will…bet morey never even discussed it.

Brooks could be and is better than harris….scola>>>>favors…this draft sucks so a pick in 2012 will prob just as good and t will or lee will be better than anything you can draft this year.

I say loosing d will was moreys biggest failure…that package is not better than the assets we have…we should have sold the the farm for d will.