1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

if we make the 2nd round and push that series to the limit i can see us sticking with these guys...i think our team can grow into a contender...

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Honestly, where would we be without Chandler Parsons right now? He's supposed to be a role player, but is performing like a all-star.

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

if i recall well he had a similar hot streak before he hurted his shoulder at the start of the season...

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Ummm.....lol. Nice sentence dude. You didn't exactly convey the point you were looking to make correctly. Nailed that smilie though. That said, Morey is looking to add a second max guy so how would you propose we add said player and keep Lin, Parsons and Asik? There's this little thing called a salary cap that kind of gets in the way of things.

Thankfully, you aren't our GM.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If we get a second max guy, it will be a luxury tax decision. If we are contending, I think Les will pay some Luxury tax. If we aren't it will be a decision between Parsons and Lin. There is no way we let Asik walk because quality bigs are almost impossible to find.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Here's and interesting stat. Chandler Parsons is 15th in the league in 3pt attempts, with 327 attempts. Of the 14 players that have taken more attempts than Chandler, only 2 players shoot the 3pt shot at a better percentage than Chandler. Parsons 39.4%, Ryan Anderson 39.5%, Stephen Curry 44.9%.

1 person likes this.
  7. Gil

Gil Member

It's much easier to find a serviceable PG in today's game than an SF of Parsons' all round ability.

Can't see Lin being kept to be honest. That's unless he suddenly becomes a legit all star caliber PG within the next 2 ½ years which I can't see happening.

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I remember someone posting that Parson's is one of the 50 people Kobe follows. I just watched a video from a charity event yesterday and Kobe said he's really selective about the people he follows on Twitter. Just something interesting I noticed. I wonder what the connection between Kobe and Parsons is.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/agent0ne">agent0ne</a>: Hey @<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a> why does kobe follow you? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23curiousmindswanttoknow">#curiousmindswanttoknow</a>” we go back.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/309888821506482176">March 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>