1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c99WSkhY6Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Parsons is also the only player outside of the Lakers team that Kobe follows on Twitter.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

One thing to note is that they can extend him next year.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q58

Remember how Morey kept saying to Brooks and Lowry how it's not in Rockets policy to extend them? Well, that may get tested with Parsons, who will be Unrestricted in 2 years.

I think by next offseason, two things will happen.

1. The Rockets have a 2nd star via trade/FA, filled their entire cap, and Morey extends Parsons for below-market contract to potentially avoid luxury tax issues. Parsons of course would do this for the early guaranteed money.

2. The Rockets strike out on their 2nd star, or even worse signed someone like Josh Smith for big money, only to have him be horrible. And the Rockets have a team that is stuck in the 50ish win range with no upward mobility. If that happens, I think Morey would trade Parsons for draft pick rather than paying Parsons to simply be above average.

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Parsons is far from Kirilenko on defense but is already much better on offense.

Parsons is legitimate 2-way player, being able to create for himself is the main hole in his game. With Harden and Lin, and the Rockets style of play, he doesn't really need to. His effiency would drop if he did.

Perfect fit for the Rockets. Parsons hasn't just gotten better this year vs last, he's gotten better virtually every month.

I hope we can get someone capable of backing up Parsons an extra 5-7 minutes per game, then we'll get to see him all-out on both O and D.

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

He's worked very hard on his 3's.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Asik will be up also. Very unlikely we can keep Lin, Asik, and Parsons. I can't imagine the Rockets giving up Asik unless we get someone like Howard to replace him. I would really hate to see either Parsons or Asik leave.

6. Gil

Gil Member

Lin will definitely be let go. No need for a ball dominant PG with Harden here.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Parsons is an All-Star!!

8. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lins safe... owner loves him....

Lin / Harden / Parsons

should be the foundation....

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No chance they choose Lin over Parsons or Asik if the current trends in their play continues. It's much harder to find a good SF or C then it is to find a rotational PG.

10. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

Really shows hard work pays off! He wasn't good at FT and shooting threes. Look at him now this season.

11. onreego

onreego Member

I think much of this had to do with the lack of a franchise player. Now that Harden is here, Morey has a reason to extend players that he feels are vital to making this a contending team. He did technically extend Harden's contract ;)

12. Lactose

Lactose Member

Asik, parsons, harden are untradeble. They need to go to Parsons more in the 4th qtr...both harden and lin need to create for him. Other teams are so focused on the guards he should get great looks.

13. AB423

AB423 Member

It's crazy, the shots I've seen from Parsons look like straight shots with no arc but they go in.

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

Some people never learn... Nobody on this team is safe except Harden.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The problem is people talk about a team growing together, but by the time they reach contender status, you can't afford to resign them. Same problem OKC had with Harden.

I don't see how to keep the core four together (Lin/Asik/Harden/Parsons), especially if we are planning on adding a 2nd max player.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

as others mentioned, maybe Parsons would be willing to take less if we signed him to an extension ASAP

17. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Or 3., we fail to sign a 2nd star but one of our players (Parsons or another) has developed enough to claim that spot for themselves, in which case we can easily spend our cap space securing our core for the long term and making sure we have solid role players.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

holy moly. i did not expect him to go to this next level so quickly. His last six games are off the charts!

continues to surprise!

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

don't start the party yet. It just could be due to really hot shooting. He is shooting the three the past few games at a unsustainable clip.

20. conquistador#11

of course you don't think there is no chance.:rolleyes:

As current trends continue, you can still sign your guys. You'd just have to get 2 rounders to contribute in other areas, which maury has been able to find with ease.