1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. SS0101

SS0101 Member

From the reports pop is the reason Leonard was unhappy. "Practice was too long, practice was too hard, run different sets." I swear you guys are making stuff up in an effort to not be a homer around precious cyberspace who is the biggest homer we have here (for the lakers).

2. basketballholic

Be logical. Do your homework. Think it all the way through. Come up with your own odds.

Things I know 100%

1. Chris Paul will take a one-year pay cut, IF NECESSARY, to get him here. That's 100%. And that's huge. And it's why I laid out the under the cap worst case scenario in another thread. I don't believe it will come to that. But the idea that it could cine to that may be what helps us get a trade done. Maybe.

2. Both CP3 and Harden want him. KD has made his choice. Our guys are focused on Lebron. And will be until he says no. They are talking.

3. LeBron decision is going to come down to chasing as many rings as possible.

4. We are talking trade with everybody per usual. Phoenix and Cleveland specifically. And OKC. Anderson, Gordon, and yes, Capela are being discussed in trade talks. But not PJ except to mark value.

Put your own odds on it. I don't see a team LeBron could join that would give him a better chance to compete for 4 in a row than us. And a one-year deal gives him options. He likes options.

3. SS0101

SS0101 Member

That's almost all their assets minus draft picks which at that point would amount to be low first round picks. What are they gonna use to attach to a contract that is actually WORSE than andersons in deng?

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d be lying if I said I’m as confident as I was about a week ago, but I still can’t help but think we’re the favorites

I think Harden, CP3, and Morey will give by far the best basketball pitch. Bron was 0-6 against GS this year and they’re out there trolling him during their championship parade. The Rockets in comparison beat GS 5 times this year and probably beats them in the WCF if CP3 doesn’t go down. Even without CP3, the Rockets clearly outplayed GS in both games 6 and 7 in the 1st half. Harden just wore down in the 2nd half trying to go against 4 all stars and 3 crooked refs by himself.

If it’s just Bron and PG in LA, it’s not enough. They’d be the 3rd best team in the West at best and 4th best in the NBA behind GS, Hou, and Boston. The Rockets have the blueprint to beat GS and get Lebron more titles. Like CP3 said last summer, if you’re not trying to beat GS, then what are u doing?

alethios, slothy420, Deuce and 10 others like this.
  5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Those young players (who have proven nothing other than stat padding on a terrible team) and picks (which will be low first rounders) gets you an all-NBA guard AND allows you to unload deng? Also considering lillard is not a FA and the blazers are under no type of gun what-so-ever...yet we can't unload Anderson, who is both younger and actually serviceable with Eric Gordon and the same picks the lakers would be offering. Gordon of which is an accomplished NBA player and contributor on a championship level team. All for a player who will be walking anyways. Some of y'all are living in the exact sa,e fantasy land that the media is living in for laker land.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is pretty much my thinking if Bron doesn’t choose Houston (and Morey works the impossible to make it happen).

LA will be decent with Lebron/PG but not much better if at all than last years Cavs team unless every other good vet free agent goes there on vet min contracts.

The Rockets bring back their team, and use their MLE on another PJ Tucker type of signing and they are still a worthy adversary to the Warriors and the second best team in the league again.

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

"All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey"

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

California dreamin

10. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Damn this sucks for the Rockets (Missing out on PG and Lebron) now im just hoping CP3 stays..

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point both Codman and cyberx said something, waiting for a @ch44 bomb now...

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Wake me up when @swyyyguy drops a bomb.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

What kind of bomb though? A caloric one? :D

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It fits all too well for Lebron and PG to go to the Lakers. It’ll be a media dream.

The rockets need to retain their roster and add another shooter with the mle. Perhaps replacing Ariza. We have a good team as is, just need some tweaks.

15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Morey needs to wrap up CP3 now..

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sit back and wait for the fireworks. The Rockets' time is now.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Do u have sauces?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

what happened to the "Wednesday meeting" according to the media sauces with the cavs and lebron

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You aren't subscribed to his newsletter????????

BigMaloe, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The person who reported that, the ONE PERSON who reported that, retweeted a tweet from @The Cat that basically said if the meeting wasn't happening that day it would happen "soon." No reason to believe the meeting happened in my opinion. That guy may have a good source, no clue, but hard to imagine Lebron had a meeting with the Cavaliers and NOBODY reported that it happened except a Cavs twitter insider.

If nothing else once it got picked up like it did you'd have a reputable guy call their sources to see what was up.

Bobsputin likes this.