1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

All this Clutchfans freakout reminds me of the days leading up to the CP3 trade last year. Everyone was pessimistic and the sky was falling and out of nowhere Morey pulled the GOAT move. Just relax, as long as we got Morey and our lead recruiters Harden and CP3 we are in good hands

2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

how would that even work though. Lillard makes 25-30 million per season. Lakers will have to use cap space to sign lebron and paul george since they are under the cap. They arent going to have room for lillard and those contracts only total 13 million. George 30 million lebron 35 million. Thats 65. The most they can clear is around 70. I dont think they have enough salaries to match a lillard in the first place.

3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I know Ill just be laughing at how idiotic it is for him to go there of all teams. I will be laughing my @$$ off when he doesnt make the western finals there.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

As long as he doesn’t go to the Spurs or the Warriors in the west it’s all good. I mean Lebron-George-Ball-Ingram- Kuzma is not going to beat us with Cp3 and Clint back. Same with the Warriors

BigMaloe, DonKnock, lionaire and 3 others like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Rockets with Lebron would be better.

But that team you listed is pretty damn good. It’s hard to say though with what 3 guys having 4 seasons of experience.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They could do Kuzma, Ingram, Ball & Deng along with picks for Dame. That would make the Lakers 4 million more in cap room so they'd have like 35 million after a Dame trade. If the cap is 101 million like I've heard, LeBron signs for 33.3 million leaving almost 33 mil a year for PG. There's your big three.

Of course, LeBron has done that already in Miami and knows that the limited depth when pulling this kind of move makes things tight for everyone. If he comes to Houston, we've got options to keep depth and have a big 3 roster.

joshuaao, BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Paul
    Harden
    Ariza
    Tucker
    Clint. Is better then

Ball
    Ingram
    George
    Lebron
    López

Plus I expect Morey to try to improve the bench depth even more this season by adding more pieces.

8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

finding a taker for deng might be harder than anderson. 2 years 36 million for a washed up 33 year old deng. Atleast anderson(3 years younger) can space the floor and shoot.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when lebron doesnt win 45 games in rs will it be attributed to his declining or toughness of the west?

10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I think the current lakers core plus lebron and pg would win 50+ games. Theyll still be 3-4 seed though at best and have to face both houston and goldenstate just to make the finals. Which means lebrons dream of more championships is over. He will never win 1 in LA since the rockets and gs winning window are the final great years he has left

Hakeemtheking and DonKnock like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's why I was giving them three young prospects plus picks. I'm thinking that Portland would just have to eat Deng's contract in exchange for the package of good assets.

12. basketballholic

MISDIRECTION

Everybody getting ramped up. But remember this, it's the players choice. And mostly Lebron.

And what it's about for LeBron is rings. Yes, family is important. And he takes care of his family. And He'll take care of them whether he's in Cleveland, Miami, LA, or.......Houston.

Sure the Lakers are digging for another superstar. They don't know if Kawhi is coming or not. And they know they need 4 guys to have a chance to dethrone the Warriors and also to attract Lebron. Lebron, George, Kuzma (he ain't going no where), and Kawhi or Lillard or somebody else is 4 guys. So, of course, they're talking.

As we are.

But our guys have it locked down. They're not leaking. But they're working. Anderson trade? Anderson buyout? Trading Anderson for players that can be bought out? Capela trades? Yes, we have to do all our homework. And Gordon too.

And the players are talking to each other. It's what they do.

But this is about LeBron. He's the best player on the planet and he could become without argument the greatest player ever. But he needs 4. He's gotta get those 4 rings. And that's what this is going to come down to. Not the kids hs team. Not the off-court business. Not playing at home. Not playing with buddies.

It's about rings guys. He gotta get 7. And in the process get 4 in a row.

#1032 basketballholic, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

What percentage you think LeBron to Houston is happening?

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

who is Cat???

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@The Cat

Poster.

17. Bids9

Bids9 Member

He’s locked on ;)

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its doubtful, its the west, he almost failed to win 50 games in the east

19. SS0101

SS0101 Member

So just bc lebron chooses to go to LA that makes Portland ready to deal lillard? Not sound logic. Portland has no reason to trade lillard. CJ would be shopped first and foremost if they split them up

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I want to believe