1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just no reason to think they would move lillard at all

BigMaloe and everyday eddie like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The 2 max FA's isn't the miracle part, thinking that the Spurs or Blazers would give up Kawhi or Dame for the garbage that you are calling a "treasure trove of assets" is the miracle part. They have nothing but replacement level players to offer, you're telling me they couldn't get more elsewhere?

Nope, I'm just saying that I don't see the best that the Lakers could offer being the best offer for players like Dame or Leonard.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Chris Paul and James Harden will be in Lebron’s ear. Proven success v unproven success. Tell me what’s more appealing to a 33 year old trying to chase multiple championships.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Depends on what that 33 year old really wants.

5. sammy

Right. We can go by what precedent has shown us. It’ll be hopefully be a basketball first decision and he picks Houston

Also, there’s Lavar Ball. There’s the ghost of Kobe in LA. He doesn’t win big and they’ll say “see Kobe was better.”

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

True. Just speculation and lots of media talk about possibly breaking up lillard McCollum.

They may be inclined to move them, and they may not.

Spurs rumors have been heavy all year with the craziness in San Antonio. No one knows what they are doing yet.

As for Portland, they probably don’t trade Lillard. But hey have serious questions to face regarding the Dame/Cj pairing. Could they trade McCollum instead? Maybe, maybe not.

Does Minnesota move Butler in fear of him walking in a year? Probably not but it’s worth a call.

What about Washington? Would they move Beal? Rumors him and wall don’t get along great. Wall is practically untradable. Maybe, maybe not.

Does Toronto blow it up?

Surely you can grab Kemba for less if he’s let go.

The point is, the Lakers are in a pretty good spot to pull a random 3 star pairing. Nothing miracle about it.

As for the asset collection. Agree to disagree. But they definitely have youth with upside and former high lottery picks and future picks, and those are always valuable.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just look at George, he was expiring, he wanted to leave etc...team with the best assets (Boston and Philly) didn't drop the goods cause the guy wanted to go to the Lakers, with Kawhi the same thing could happen eventually.

malakas and BigMaloe like this.
  8. sammy

Superstars don’t grow on trees. Pretty sure Lillard was ballin out of control last season but then was a huge bust in the playoffs.

They can look to move CJ.. not Dame

9. justtxyank

Woj reports that kawhi wants the max from San Antonio and that if they offer it he’ll take it. I don’t think he’s trying to strong arm his way anywhere

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's more than just asking if the Spurs or Blazers decide to move those players though, it's asking if they are going to move them, then asking if they'll take replacement level players for their franchise players and assuming that they wouldn't get better offers elsewhere.

I'm just not willing to make all of those assumptions just to invent a scenario where Lebron going to LA makes sense.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with this, not sure why the Blazers would move Lillard unless they think CJ is better than him.

12. sammy

I think we’ll know what comes from the Pop meeting. I think he’ll convince him to take the 219 m

DonKnock likes this.
  13. justtxyank

Again, the report from Woj is the opposite. Kawhi is trying to convince pop to offer it

DonKnock and sammy like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i read that today, but i wonder why he wasn't even on the bench during the playoffs if he wants to stay. Something doesn't look right there to me.

slothy420, UTSA2step and malakas like this.
  15. sammy

Oh well that’s gonna happen

16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Agreed. Celtics and Sixers both have more proven young assets (players who have played in meaningful regular season games and playoff games), and they have significantly more draft capital than the Lakers.
    Put Kuzma on a contending this past season, and who knows if he'd even get 20 mins/game? Any player can put up stats on bad teams.. just look at Tony Wroten for the Sixers a few years back. In the end, they're not contributing to any more in the win column.
    Even Quinn Cook averaged 15ppg when Curry was out and actually kinda looked like a serviceable NBA player without any extra baggage unlike Lonzo... maybe ppl should be clamoring for him too... -.-

SS0101, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. sammy

Tbh, I would be buying this LA stuff more if the landscape of the NBA didn’t change two years ago.

KD is why we got Paul and why me may get Lebron James

DonKnock, everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

It always was. Jimmy Buckets is the guy.

19. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

With what assets? Are you pitching in some cash?

20. Nook

Nook Member

No, but keep in mind that Leonard can somewhat control where he goes by saying he will only accept an extension if traded to team “X”. The Spurs could still trade him to another team but the fact he could bolt would be figured into the value.

Another thing to consider, Pop is gone in 2 years. Does Leonard really want to stay in SA long term with the uncertainty?

If Leonard really wants to go to LA he can likely force it.

BigMaloe, amaru and Vivi like this.