1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Likely Opponent is LA Clippers ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by COMPAQ CENTER, Apr 12, 2015.

1. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

True, but OKC is also on a back to back after a hard fought game last night and Lopez + Lilliard + Batum alone is miles ahead of OKC on paper w/o Westbrook. Either way, should be a hard fought game and probably best game to watch tonight.

2. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

3. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

the Spurs will lose to NOLA the last game of the year. Book it!!

NOLA will get the 8th seed and our pick will not be in the lottery. Look for Morey to trade that pick though.

4. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If we end up playing the Clippers, please please please have the coaches turn the game into hack-a-Jordan/Dwight/Smith. That would be comedy gold in the playoffs.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Clippers is the one team I don't want to face.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

eff the West coast man

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

The coaches should do it just to get hack-a-player out of the game. Turn the whole playoff series into 4 hour bad FT shooter competitions. The league will fall all over itself to change the rules before next season.

9. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

bumping now because Batum just got carried out, Portland is battered on all fronts

it's not that bad of a scenario now if we end up 2nd or 5th if Memphis lose tonight

we will either play Mavs, or Blazers

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

by the way I think any team that plays Portland will get HCA because of their record

I'm actually hoping we win, spurs win and we play them

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Portland won their division: automatic HCA

13. The Law

The Law Member

Negative. Division winner is only an automatic top 4 seed. If the team that they are playing in the first round has a better record, that team still gets HCA.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

sorry homie you are wrong. it just gives them the 4th seed and the ability to play the 5th seed instead of the 3rd. but they do not have home court.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

How valid is this???

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

We and Blazers deserve each other. Call it the Next Man Up series.

That said I don't know if I can endure another year of going to work here in Portland and hearing sober lamentation about the disgrace to the game that is James Harden.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I was excited about visiting this site constantly over the last few and next few days -- I even bookmarked it -- but it hasn't been updated since OP posted it on Saturday. Bummer. Hopefully they'll get back on it.

18. djimi

djimi Member

With One more game left for the regular season, we are now the 5th seed and will face Portland with us having HCA. With the injuries that just happen tonight to couple more Portland players (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...kle--in-first-half-vs--thunder-020636345.html) this is as good as it gets. We smell blood. Time to avenge last year's heart break. Beard and DH12 will be motivated.

However, things will change again depending on the last day of regular season. Teams i would like us to face in the 1st round in this order :

1) POR
    2) DAL
    3) MEM (They also have some players injured)
    4) LAC
    5) SAS (No way i want to face the defending champs, i would rather face GSW than them)

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Clippers would be worse than the Spurs: FT brickfest, flopping, crying, flailing limbs, helicopters, backbreakers, ballet moves, technicals, 3+ hours games, commentators nagging and crying, hack-a-whoever, get killed on the boards because McHale refuses to use Capela etc.

20. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'm concerned about lma and Lill add obviously but I want Portland they are banged up