1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Likely Opponent is LA Clippers ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by COMPAQ CENTER, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Chamillionaire

I wanna play POR or DAL followed by MEM.

Stay away from SAS and LAC.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Nah, I think Kerr wants to rack us as many W's as he can.

No way he rests his starters, let alone Curry.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Fixed... sorry, typo. I hate that I can't edit.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Assuming everyone wins the games they should, here are the most likely scenarios to me:

1. If Memphis beats GSW, then the Rockets are #6 going up against the Clippers. Probably worst case scenario.

2. If Memphis loses to GSW, then the Rockets become the 5th seed against Portland. Pretty good matchup imo.

3. If Memphis loses and SAS loses @New Orleans, then the Rockets are #2 against Dallas. If Memphis beats GSW and SAS loses, then we're still #5 against Portland. Either way not bad.

4. In the unlikely scenario that the Clippers lose a game, and MEM loses to GSW as projected, then we would face the Clippers as the #3 seed to their 6.

5. If the Rockets lose either of the last two, close the book, we are #6 against the Clippers, the Spurs (if the Grizz lose to GSW), or the Grizz (if the Spurs lose to NOH).

So those to me are the most likely scenarios. I can't crunch the numbers anymore but Portland seems like the most likely opponent to me. Everyone wins out and Memphis loses to GSW. After Portland it looks like the Clippers could be the matchup. I find it pretty hard to envision a scenario where we would see the Spurs in round 1.

1 person likes this.
  6. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Agree with all four but not number 5. On number 5 Clippers will be 3rd seed in all the cases mentioned.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

We just need to make free throws... or were we completely spoiled by Olajuwon and Yao making free throws.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The way I see it, just win out and there's a 68% chance we get HCA in 1st round and don't play GSW in the 2nd round. I like that.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think any of the scenario plotting matters. I expect us to lose to Utah in the final game and be the 6 seed.

10. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

^
    I agree. The big reason for this high percentage is the Pelicans good chance of beating San Antonio at home if it means clinching the playoffs. Depending on the outcome for 2 important games tonight for Pels and OKC, that might not be the case and this percentage will drop dramatically.

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

[​IMG]

6 vs the Clips is most likely followed by Golden State.

12. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

^
    Thanks for the update. Did you mean Portland instead of Golden state.

13. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

After Rockets and Spurs wins last night, as expected the chances of meeting the clippers went slight down and facing Portland and Dallas slightly up.

14. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Memphis is injury depleted. GSW will not sit out Curry or Thompson, they may have reduced minutes, but they wont sit out. Kerr knows you have to maintain rhythm going into the playoffs, which means playing not sitting.

Memphis will lose to GSW. Clippers will win out. Spurs will win out, although NO will give them a fight in the last game, NO small chance to win.

GSW vs NO
    SA vs DAL
    LAC vs MEM
    PORT vs HOU

I relish the chance to pay Portland back for last year, Houston wins in 5.

I hope we play late game Sat night.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't mind playing the Clippers because Portland would be tough too given what happened last year

it will be a shetshow with the hack-a-whoever, Paul and Harden flop fest that we might actually come up on top.

16. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

A lot will depend on what happens with OKC's next game without Westbrook.

OKC will most likely lose tonight vs Portland. Which puts them behind the Pels. The Pels meanwhile will play the T-wolves, which they likely will win.

That essentially means Pels will go into their final game against San Antonio, with nothing to play for as they've already locked up the 8th seed. Meanwhile, San Antonio will be playing for the 2nd seed.

So unless OKC can beat Portland tonight, or Pels somehow lose to Minny, it's very likely our chance for the 2nd seed is gone.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

but portland is not playing for anything either, they can't go up or down in the standings

18. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

We were spoiled by D-Mo making free throws. You don't know what you got until it's gone.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

True, but Westbrook is suspended unless his 16th tech is rescinded. That team will not win with Dion Waiters as the primary scorer

20. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Aldridge will most likely sit tonight. Afflalo is out. Even if Westbrook is out, its not a guaranteed win for Portland. The game is in OKC, they have a shot at winning. They are still in it and desperately need a win.

Glad i have NBA League Pass, been some great games lately, more coming over next 3 days.