1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Feb 2, 2014.

?

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes, Sell

267 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No, Keep through out contract

185 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

I wouldn't trade Lin or asik this year maybe in the offseason after playoffs. WHY? Because both play a major role,

asik is a guy that help Howard with Mins and can be thrown in court to stop certain players, his screens are elite he sets for our guards when he's in the floor.

Lin is a guy that can carry the team when harden can't play or is having a off night. He knows the system well and players. He has a major role running that second unit as a 6th man.

Both of their value will he way higher in the offseason, that would be selling low now, asik coming off injury and getting mad. Lin lost starter role and was in a slump but is playing good now. bad time to trade them. See what they can give this team in the playoffs before we blow it up again mid season. Both only make $5mill this year anyway. So rockets are getting the good part of the deal. mess over a teams owner with the $15mill in the offseason and keep money in les pockets if we want to trade them.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Lin can be a better point guard if he can do two things

1. Hesitate less
    2. Toughen up a bit on the court

By toughen up I don't mean take a hit or anything. Or whether the storms and bad games. I mean be able to body up and physically dominate opposing point guards. I'd like to see him play opposing guards a bit more physical and disrupt them a bit more.

Lin's best when he is aggressive, confident, and controlled. I think he can manage all of those things and it will take him a long way.

But I think people need to stop worry about if he starts or not or who is better than him or not because it's just a waste of energy.

3. Clarinetmonster

Maybe so, but we never get a good explanation as to why net rtg for the Clips and Thunder starting lineups is so much better with their backup pg's in there. You have to admit that makes using net rtg as a tool to decide a starting lineup for a whole season look dubious at best. Or maybe you don't - to each their own i guess.

4. Rocketeer Bang

Trade Lin if we could get something valuable in return, question is, who's going to take on that 3rd year contract of his when he's really just a middling PG. And if he's indeed traded, who will we have to run the point in the 2nd unit? There are certainly plenty of flaws in Lin's game, but who else is out there that you feel could do better than what Lin does here on a consistant basis?

I really really miss Dragic. This team would be amazing with Dragic in the back court with Harden.

5. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If we're gonna call Lin a "middling PG", then everyone needs to reel in the superstar expectations first.

6. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Good point, though I noticed that the team and including Lin seems to have become more decisive as a whole. Yesterday was a good example when Lin took a few shots at the 3 and at the perimeter when he was open. In the past he seemed to wait and pass out a little more.
    Maybe he' was given the green light to shoot now, or maybe he just grew more confident in his SG role. I like him to succeed in this role because he's given more freedom, and wouldn't want him traded for anyone less than a Lowry calibre player.

I agree he should tough up a little the way you said it.

7. calcium

calcium Member

CBS sports run some player rating thingy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

Jeremy is currently at #26 in the PG column.

I think it's updated weekly?

8. yummyhawtsauce

Throw in Jennings in there too.

9. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

I wouldn't give any credibility to a ranking system that ranks Beverly 96th and Westbrook below Lin. Chris Paul is ranked 11th so lets not bring this CBS Rankings list up anymore shall we?

10. calcium

calcium Member

I am guessing being an active player has to do with their secret formula
    cos it's based on production.

eg. some weighting where your latest results have a bigger weight
    than your production last week and even bigger weight than
    your production a month ago. etc etc...

cos both CPaul and RWestbrook have been out for weeks?

Am speculating here.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Chris Paul is ranked at 11? LMAO!

Btw, far from being a LOF, but I would think he is easily a top 16 pg, when you take into consideration all his contributions to the team.

12. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

13. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

CBS rankings is based on total production including games not played. You get negatives pts when you register DNP.

Keep that in mind when you look at CBS rankings. Yes, Chris Paul has missed ton of games this year and deserve lower rankings based on this years production.

14. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Daryl Morey is a math genius... Lin is a math genius.

You think he will sell him for fishsticks!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N0xxGHLP81c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:grin::grin:

1 person likes this.
  15. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

So basically, it favors healthy chuckers that can throw up shots on bad teams. Yup, that seems to be the clear trend there.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Bev is the one that will get alot of stock here...great contract and good defender...if the rockets were to get another star, it would be Bev that the other team covets in a package, not Lin.

17. jms99

jms99 Member

uh.. a lot of teams would take him. DUH.

18. jms99

jms99 Member

I don't consider Harden a superstar.

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

superstars for me are players who excel on both sides of the ball...right now, i only see lebron and cp3 as the only superstars in the league...all other stars follow.

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

add in paul george too.