1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Confirmed] Chuck Hayes has 4 year, $20M offer from Sacramento

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

if its true, good for him, he deserve the best.
    it is sad , but we dont need him anymore

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good for Chuck. I hope his skills are appreciated wherever he goes; and I'd prefer he goes to work at the Toy Shop! :cool:

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah. Maybe he was on the treadmill?

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

For people saying the Rox are tanking, you guys are forgetting Pat Pat. He ain't no chop liver. I actually want them to tank, but losing just Chuck won't do the trick.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised at the number of posts that assume this is not only a rumor with legs, but that he's essentially agreed to a contract and is looking for a pen. Also, I can't believe how many normally sane people want to see Chuck go so that Thabeet can get big minutes, as if he showed us anything last season. I certainly didn't see anything from Thabeet, not even a glimmer. Usually, you'll see hints of talent untapped. All I've seen from Thabeet is height and taking up space. At least with the Rocks, he's looked like he's still trying to figure out what the game of basketball entails, what his role is, how to move without the ball, how to pass to the open teammate, what defense is besides trying to block a shot around the basket. Heck, I didn't even see much of that.

Patterson? Chuck is an ideal defensive mentor for the young big in practice, on the sidelines, and on the court during games. He also understands Adelman's offense, which, hopefully, we'll use a lot this year. Is Chuck worth $5 million a season to the Rockets? With the new CBA and the situation the team finds itself in (god knows what Morey has in mind), who knows? I think he's worth it, but don't know if we can afford that much. If he'll take $16 million over 4 years, then Morey should welcome him back with an open wallet. $20 million is tough.

2 people like this.
  6. valorita

valorita Member

thabeet played 2 games, for a grand total of 4 min last year as a rocket.
    just sayin...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know, like people can get any indicator of how good he could be, and in Adelman's HIGH post oriented offense he was not really ready to play.

But if he is playing a low post game, or a PnR game which McHales allegedly likes then he is a lot more effective.

On defense, all he has to do is stay near the basket and intimidate and rebound..Mark Eaton style....

DD

8. monster

monster Member

Wow...if it's true, then the Kings have massively overpaid....but that's the NBA for you. I hate to see him leave. He is the ultimate blue collar player. His game has improved so much over the years. He will always be one of my favorite Rockets. Good luck Chuck!!!

Of course, this all could be a rumor.

9. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Sorry guys. Your loss, our gain. I love Chuck on either team. He will be a huge asset to our young bigs.

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

If we offer same, he will surely choose us over Sactown. They have no idea whats going on either on/off the court.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Take him. You can only go so far with him playing starter minutes.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not signing Chuck for 5 million per...just to much money. Good luck Chuck and hope he does well in Sac-Town.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Ditto. I'm happy for chuck and he deserves it. Kinda like derek fisher when left the lakers and signed with gsw.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck is worth every penny of that contract, but you got to make him the starting PF that he should be. We already have a bunch of PF's. Wish Daryl would make a trade...

15. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I don't think he will be starting but will be a mentor for our young guys.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, like to the championship with him as your starting PF.

4. Chuck Hayes
    5. Demarcus Cousins

IS a stroke of brilliance from the Kings front office... NASTY frontline...

They get the best defender at the PF in the entire NBA, to pair with one of the most potent offensive centers in the NBA.
    Plus Tyreke and Jimmer...

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Huh? They are rebuilding. I don't see them sneaking into the playoffs unless they steal a veteran allstar type player.

18. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

19. tested911

tested911 Member

[​IMG]

Thabeet was, is, and will always be a BUST!

But at least we get to tan...I mean develop younger talent :grin:

20. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I would like to have Chuck back next year. but if he gets paid more elsewhere, I'm not gonna blame him for taking the money. He's worked his ass off for it.