1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Confirmed] Chuck Hayes has 4 year, $20M offer from Sacramento

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If true, we'll miss you Chuck.

Would be irresponsible to offer a similar deal.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I will reserve full comment until something actually happens. HOWEVER...

Chuck's a steal at that price, but I do understand the argument for letting him walk, as we have no space at PF and he's not a long-term center. I'd be totally willing to pay him $5M as a backup center, but for that to materialize we'd need to get the starting center first, and that won't happen if we match.

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Is it time to tank yet?

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

So the Stein source tweet ups this to confirmed. So strange that 610 did nothing with that info (or did not mention where it came from -- their source, an online article somewhere, etc.) and did not ask Feigen about it just an hour later when they had him on.

Despite the uncertainty for the last few hours, thank you Yonizzel for posting what you heard on the radio.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

If my math is correct the Rockets would have to offer Chuck a (4 year) deal starting somwhere between $4.1M-$4.4M to top that offer, if only slightly.

(I'm already subtracting the state taxes Chuck would have to pay, though I'm too lazy to determinate the exact numbers.)

7. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

So happy for Chuck. The Modesto Monster is going home (relatively). Too much money and too many years for DMorey to match; glad he's on an up and coming team. Been a pleasure watching him develop, bring his lunchpail into work every day, and I hope he comes back sometime as a big man coach; he'd be awesome at it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/biWPJqauAag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Feigen is a decent beat writer but as far as scoops...I don't really remember whenever he has broken a rumor, at least been a while.

9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Agent Calvin Andrews, still waiting for Houston offer, on chances of Chuck Hayes returning to Rockets. “He’s close to gone from Houston."

:(:(:(:(

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Agent Calvin Andrews, still waiting for Houston offer, on chances of Chuck Hayes returning to Rockets. “He’s close to gone from Houston."

11. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Why not offer $22 million for 5 years? There it has somewhat smaller impact on salary cap and I think it is a fair offer.

It is also a more manageable value to trade. And he is no longer a Rockets secret, we now know he is actually something that other teams would trade for.

12. AXG

AXG Member

So the Rockets/Kings basically swap centers

13. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

We end up with the worse.

:mad::(

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Goodbye Chuck. Wish you could have stayed but nonetheless, all the best to you. You've earned what you're getting.

#134 J.R., Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  15. cujo

cujo Member

Hate to see Chuck go! However, he has worked hard and deserves the best contract he can get. Chuck will always be a Rox in my eyes.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

The last of the JVG era............

17. rocketsmetalspd

Sad to see Chuck go but I wish him the best, if he does end up going to Sac Town.

18. slamburger

slamburger Member

Good for him, he gets to play power forward again! It is going to suck going up against a Cousins+Hayes front line. I'll bet Cousin's D gets 3 times better by the end of the year.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Glad Chuck is getting paid, but was hoping he would go to a contender to finally get the national recognition he deserves.

He will disappear in Sacramento.

20. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Get 'er dun Morey!