1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

First!

Good Morning guys. Anticipate this game very much. Like to know how we will react to the best uptempo team in the league under Coach A.

Rockets WIN!

3. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Second

highest ever

4. min5

min5 New Member

Me too! But I will take a sleep first and watch it on TV tomorrow :)

5. porkslope

porkslope Member

rockets are going to annihilate the suns.
    GO ROCKETS!!!

rafer alston will start and get plenty of playing time.

6. blastaway

blastaway Member

I would love it if RA gets creative with his lineup and understands that we will NOT stop Phoenix defensively. We should start our best offensive players tonight so that we putt pressure on their team to play BOTH ends of the court. Then other than off the bench, if we need the defensive stops at the end of the game, let our best defensive players close the last 3 minutes of the game out. If Tmac can't go, which most have said, then we should start:

Mike James
    Kirk Synder
    Bonzi Wells
    Luis Scola
    Yao Ming

Now maybe you think that is drastic, but it would give us a better chance to run with them. They will not slow down no matter what team we put on the floor tonight. So we won't be able to make them play our game. When Chuck and Shane come off the bench, we will be able to slow their bench players down a bit then. Also off the bench, tonight would be a good opportunity to play...yes...STEVE FRANCIS...lets see what he can do in the open court. I dont care if Rafer can dribble, I DONT WANT TO SEE HIM TONIGHT; even though I know RA will START HIM! :( Also Luther should be able to get a few more 3's off the bench tonight as Phoenix doesn't play transition D very well; if we run.

Okay, Im out of fantasy land. I know RA would rather die than do any of this tonight. So here's to seeing Rafer stink it up again tonight. And I predict that we are down by at least 15 in the first quarter. Don't get me wrong, I hope we win by 20....just not optimistic about it with our same starting lineup.

7. tmac1

tmac1 Member

Lets try to bring this one down.

Should be pretty tough..

Rafer will get tossed like a rag doll by Nash.

8. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Rox have a shot to win this but we'll need big games from Yao, Bonzi and prolly Scola.

9. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

i dont care if we're gonna win or lose,just do our best
    God bless Rafer:dont shoot,dont shoot,dont shoot,never.......ever..........

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rockets win with or without Tmac.

Rockets 108
    Suns 99

DD

11. blastaway

blastaway Member

That's exactly the problem, most teams DONT CARE if he shoots. They know he will miss 70% of the time plus. So the defensive against us is always 5 against 4 or less; with Chuck Hayes in, 5 against 3; and adding Battier, that's 5 defensive players against 2 and a half offensive players for us. How does RA consider that making it easier on Tracy and Yao? When will Tracy and Yao speak up and let RA know that his offensive will never work with this starting lineup? :confused: (Hopefully by the time Tmac comes back and not after 4 more losses in the next five games.)

12. blastaway

blastaway Member

I would agree with you if RA would be wise enough to go ahead and start scola....AND NOT START RAFER TO SCREW IT UP! (Im more pushing for Rafer to be permanently benched, FOREVER, than I am for Steve to start; but he should get SOME playing time to see what he can do, or not do.)

13. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Rockets show up tonite and win in front of a SOLD OUT Toyota Center! Be loud!

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

3 tough losses in a row and all were winnable. However, the team has some progress in its offense in the Spurs game - Scola's come out party. Bonzi is tired so he's hot and cold. I think the Rockets will hit its stride at the last week of November with better offense and easier schedule.

As for tonite's game, I am a very optimistic person but still I dont think the Rockets stand any chance because its guards shooting percentage is kind of 10% below the Suns. :eek:

But I will still wish a miracle to happen.

Go Rockets!!! Nothing is impossible!

15. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

My heart says we win but my mind says we lose. Yao will get manhandled by fronting and the guards will run around like headless chickens only to brick up a contested 3 as the clock is winding down.

16. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

how about waiting till after the game to start whining.... :rolleyes:

17. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

we win with our defense that JVG taught us.. holdin the suns to under 100 points. rockets by 4. t-mac on the sidelines cheerin us on. i expect battier to have a BIG game. log in 20 pts, 5reb, 3ast, 2blks. which is a big game in my opinion.

18. AXG

AXG Member

First Page! Rockets must win tonight. They're at home and they have been playing tough without TMac. Now it's time to win one. Scola has another great game and Yao plays well. Bounceback win 102-98 over the Suns.

19. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

stand up Rox! fight with gladiatorial spirits!! :mad:

20. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Is it tip off time yet? :D