1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

How exactly do you know that Steve doesn't give us the best chance to win? What practices did Adelman invite you to??

I'm not saying that Steve is the answer, but I would like to find out and now is as great a time as we will see. Horrible guard play of late, missing superstar guard, and a real endurance testing matchup. It's sink or swim for Steve and he knows that. If he comes out tonight and shows he is able to run with Barbosa/Nash, then we all would know what kind of shape he is in. If he comes out and fizzles, gets outrun then that his conditioning should be obvious.

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

but adelman told jon feign of the chron that he'll make changes soon and people who is on the bench (who had not played) has to be ready.

we might see steve today after all.

3. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

At home, with depleted guard reserve, and the truest physical conditioning litmus test opponent in the suns...

Best time yet to see how Steve stacks up if you ask me. Maybe 13 minutes, in the second quarter and maybe early fourth??

Can you all imagine how loud TC would be if Francis did anything at all?

Also, it is probably naive to think that the fans will stop wanting Steve after one, or even a couple of poor showings. Most are SOF, and unless he doesn't score at all then most of those currently demanding his play will stick by him, even though he is almost guaranteed to be a defensive compromise.

4. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

http://atdhe.fr/index.html

This link is for anyone that cannot watch the game through other means. It has links to all the League Pass streams for each day. Bookmark it and never miss another game.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    in case you havent noticed all our guards are defensive compromises
    <br>
    Let me tell you guys here a little secret. The point guard position is the hardest to guard in basketball (somtimes the 2 guard is). Anyone who has played the game even if only up to a high school level knows this. The 1 is the most fast, creative, and offensively capable (this does not always mean scoring) person out on the field at a given time. The shooting guard is the most effective scorer. The point guard's job description involves shaking his man and creating for another player, or driving in for a layup. It is no easy job to guard another point guard. Not even steve nash does it well.

6. kwng

kwng Member

I hope Scola can macth up Amare like he did during the Argentina-US qualifying round.

7. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

Thanks.

8. Extraordinary_2

Is TM playing tonight?

9. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

We lose this one.

OT: anyone got the mms for the hawks vs. bucks game?

10. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

rockets get destroyed 120-87

the curse of Rudy Gay!

11. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Rationally, can't see us winning this one but I hope they'll prove me wrong. But PHX are very athletic, shoot high% and run by Steve Nash. Given defense is not their strength, unless we shoot 60-70% we can't outscore them. Yao will look to step up after mediocre performance last night. Go Rockets!!

12. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Gotta feeling we might see SF tonight to match with their small ball and running style. ;)

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Adelman sees Steve in practice. Adelman said something along the lines of Steve has out of shape AND hasnt worked out well in the offense or something. Meaning that its not just conditioning as to why Steve wasnt his starter.

Putting in steve does not mean throwing in the towel. But throwing in the towel means you dont care about winning the game. As long as Adelman wants to win games, he will continue putting the players he believes will give the team the best chance to win. If he doesnt want to win, he has basically thrown in the towel. And if he doesnt care about winning, then why not experiment a bit?? But to get to that point, he has to not care about winning.

14. Extraordinary_2

Huge Rockets fan here, but without TM, we will lost this one badly.

Sorry to say that

15. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I think we will lose but not badly ! We almost won last night in SA !

16. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

If the Suns did their homework expect Yao to be fronted again tonight. I don't like our chances without T-mac and basically no Yao either if they front him all night.

I hope SF plays when it counts and not just in garbage time but I have a feeling he'll play tonight in the 4th with the Suns up by 20pts. :(

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Damn...I think we lose again...Make it 4 in a row...

Rox: 95

Suns: 100

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

im not too confident...rockets lose big

19. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Rockets lose by 40-50. yeah i know its a very bold prediction.. :(

20. engr chris

engr chris Member

This site is sooooo cool! Thanks man!