1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

Does anyone have a broadband link to the game?

2. luisantonio1014

Man ya'll are too pessimistic. If Bonzi and Scola get in on the scoring and Rafer and James make their layups, and everybody makes their free throws, Then We'll win. We are also at home.

I say a close one, Rox win 108-105

3. luisantonio1014

on the 3rd page of this thread, posted by Dr. X

4. timweidi

timweidi Member

5. MMFGuy

MMFGuy Member

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm not sure what to expect. I won't be surprised if Bash & Barbosa teabag Alston or if the Suns blow out the Rockets... but I think the Rocks can bounce back from the Spurs game to take this one.

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Rockets have to play to their strengths. Our frontcourt has to outrebound the Suns, pound them on the inside, put back the offensive rebounds (get those offensive rebounds in the first place), use our height advantage in the first place and just execute properly.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i predict yao will get run out of the building and adelman will bench him early. i think bonzi, james, and scola will have to carry us, and for some reason i get the feeling that rafer will have a big game.

11. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

This might be Rafer's last game before he take his Maternity leave, because rafer might end up pregnant after this game, because Nash is gonna fu*k rafer with no vaseline or any kind of lubricant..

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Last night, Rockets' guards were horrible! There is no hope if they still play like that.

13. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Rafer is the most consistent player right now, because he plays terrible every night

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

sad but true. i don't know why adelman can't give francis a few minutes. if he really sucks still and is not a fit w/ this offense, then the fans will have no excuse to want him anymore and morey can hopefully ship him off in a trade to get us a better piece.

why sit him on the bench and have all these doubts?

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Adelman doesnt care what the fans think. He is the one coaching the team. And he apparently doesnt have any doubts.

16. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yes, play francis so the fans will have no more doubts. that's EXACTLY why Adelman should play him. :rolleyes:

17. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

agreed. not claiming to know more than rick, not claiming i know what kind of shape stevie is in, but how can you justify not trying him at all. if rick is right that steve is so out of shape, the suns would certainly expose that. steve is a competitor and a smart enough guy to realize he has to make his minutes count. he will come out firing whatever he's got left, which i pray is more than he showed in NY.

it's now or never for stevie. if he doesn't get minutes when tracy is out and the team is losing, then he may never. the idea of stevie never playing any real minutes is a total letdown to me. our guard play hasn't been a strength, and in fact has cost us several games. why not at least try the allstar on the bench, so everybody can see what rick sees. not that we don't trust you adelman, but let stevie try to swim.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no not the fans, but the doubts if he still fits in this offense, has any game, and can contribute to the team better than the other guards.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

The reason you dont play Steve to show the fans that he really doesnt fit goes back to the who gives you the best chance to win thing.

Apparently Rick Adelman isnt ready to throw in the towel before the game starts because T-Mac isnt going to be able to play.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

but we haven't seen steve in a reg. season game to see if he does or does not give this team the best chance to win.

all adelman has said is he's fat and stuff. if he just comes out and says, steve does not fit. then ok, i agree. but he hasn't said that.

it's not like the role players now are adapting to the offense any much better outside of the last game. no movement/no cutting.

and who said putting steve in there means throwing in the towel: you're saying it like he's a scrub