1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

dam we better win!! 6-5 looks so dam ugly :(

2. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

The time is nearing! LETS GO HOUSTON -t-mac,+mike james going out of control, +rafer alston shooting bricks, +francis on the bench, -getting yao the ball ROCKETS!!!! :p

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac is playin?

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

T-Mac tonight -- the spirit is willing, but he'll sit again.

Tracy McGrady wanted to play against the Suns. Rick Adelman wanted him in the lineup against the Suns.

But after McGrady pleaded his case and tried to talk himself back onto the court, the medical staff decided to take the cautious route and hold him out.

"He wants to play. He really wants to play and I want him to play," Adelman said. "But the doctor just is not comfortable. He's just thinking that if (McGrady) gets a couple more days, it's gonna be a lot smarter and wiser on our part. So that's what we're gonna do. We're not gonna take the risk that something happens, especially when we have three days off after tonight."

Adelman said he'll likely use a different starting lineup against the Suns, pairing Rafer Alston with Mike James to open the game and returning Bonzi Wells to the bench.

"That's what I'm leaning to do," Adelman said. "I had talked to Bonzi about that, starting him last night (in San Antonio) and going smaller today. Of course, I thought I had Tracy until just now."

The Suns will also be missing a starter with Raja Bell sitting. He re-injured a sprained ankle in the Suns last game against Chicago. Could that doom Shane Battier to an evening of chasing the speedy Leandro Barbosa?

"That's a tough matchup," Adelman said. "That kid is so fast. I guess we'll have to go out and do some wind-sprints and some defensive slides to see who will have the chance to play him."

5. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

no, the "-" stands for minus..

6. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

This is very interesting. Rafer and MJames starting? We've seen the both of them on the court at times this season, but I'm not certain about the efficacy of Mike James as a starter - James seems more suited to a spark plug role. However, that lineup would seem to lend itself to a Francis/Head swap, or a Head/Wells swap. Then again, with the speed that Leandro Barbosa has, could Aaron Brooks see some time? This is admittedly far-fetched, but is a small possibility.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

obviously someone who has not played from the bench will get a chance to tonight (either brooks/francis will play tonight)

8. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

Oh how i would love to see Aaron get some time just to see how his speed his against barbosa and Nash. Im sure if Francis can't get playing time against the slow spurs offense bc he is out of shape, no way he plays fast temp against suns. Thats just my guess though i don't even think he can be that badly out of shape. I do want to see the guy play too.

9. gogorocketsno1

Rockets win this one. 1:3 this week instead of 3:1.

10. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

It's not working for me...anyone else having this problem? :confused:

11. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

hell, throw em both in, they both want to prove something.

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

the game will only be shown on those links EXACTLY at 5:30 or when the game starts

13. jinyaotmac

jinyaotmac Member

Can someone link NBA broadband link plz?~ :p

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What channel is the game on? FSSW is all black and i'm not sure if they show it on league pass in Houston? Thanks

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

What's happening? 20 minutes gone.....and the game has yet started ?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

16. jinyaotmac

jinyaotmac Member

Game starts on 7 30 CT..

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

18. Fiah

Fiah Member

My20 in Houston

19. jinyaotmac

jinyaotmac Member

20. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member