1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. engr chris

engr chris Member

im hoping for another big game from luis

2. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

If T-MAC plays(I hope to GOD he does)

WE WIN!

If he doesn't..

we don't have much of a chance

he's our bread and butter and YAO MING isn't good enough to take over

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MAC IS PLAYIN TONIGHT?

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

t-mac will most defintely still be out tonight. we need big contributions from everyone again.

4. marcooo

marcooo Member

i will be attending the game with a group of friends
    hopefully t-mac plays, if not, i'll still be cheering for them anyway

we need everyone to step up, can't let phoenix blow us away early

5. hi987321

hi987321 Member

10% chance win, 90% lose, do you guys agree?

6. rajc17

rajc17 Member

i want steve

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

agree.

rockets dont have the people on the floor to match the sun's penetration.

rafer shoots 5 turnovers from behind the arc.

sad to say but this is going to be a blow out

rockets 88

suns 110

rockets just dont have enough offensive power, they give that shot to rafer cause he cant make it and even if they did come out and guard him, he couldnt get it to the paint and make it and/or draw a foul. even james and luther are mediocre at that. luther gets blocked a lot when he goes to the paint and i cant remember the last time james was driving aggressively.

bonzi drives aggressively though. and he can finish. but he needs help. we're just going to be out-offensed by the suns until tmac returns.

8. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

dam..still 8more hours til game time...sighs

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

(He wants to play tonight. That is not expected, but he is reporting that he feels much better and has started lobbying the trainer and doctor. Of course, he might not feel as well as he expects, so we'll see. Adelman said "doubtful." -- Jonathan)

according to jon, tmac feels good enough and wants to play tonight. guess it was a minor injury. but the docs are against it i guess as a precaution. :(

but i'm glad tmac wants to fight out there w/ his teammates. it must be painful for him to not play but also exciting to see the growth of his teammates in the spurs game :)

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

Doubt that T-Mac plays. Even with T-Mac this Suns team just owns us. I am predicting a double digit loss with no T-Mac.

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that means he must be feeling MUCH MUCH better than anticipated. so he should be ok to go next wed. vs dallas at least.

12. kwng

kwng Member

Must stop this 3 games slide. HOPE WE WILL WIN.

13. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

What I want to see is how Coach A will solve the fronting of Yao. With TMac in the game, Coach A used him and Yao to do P&R. Yesterday, Rockets really did not do much to solve that problem.

This will be the game to tell me if Coach A is really better than Coach Gundy in coaching offense. We already know which one coaches better in defense.

14. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Agreed! How can Yao be a factor if you can't even get him the ball? Did you see chuck hayes front Tim Duncan last night what did Tim do he sealed Chuck off they lobbed it over him and Chuck was forced to foul. Why hasn't Ming learned how to do that? In Yao's case he also has two more defenders playing behind him and our outside shooters are so bad they can't make the defense pay for it.

RA had better prove he can make a damn adjustment because he never did against the Spurs.

15. kwng

kwng Member

If Yao is fronted, we need cutters to penetrate or shooters start making them pay.

16. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

That's why I wondered why rocket players did not clear the strong side so our passer could lob the ball. Yao is not good to maintain his balance as such he really needs some space to catch the ball lobbed to him.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just too many shooters. Without TMac, not good. Plus, a back to back after a very physical, draining game. Only if the Rockets are RED HOT. Otherwise, they will get shot out of their own gym. I wish we had one or two of the Sun's shooters. They come in waves.

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Something tells me we are finally going to beat the Suns.

19. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

The Rox spank the sons 94:89

20. poprocks

poprocks Member

By the time this is done, I think we will see a 5 Game Slide. But it'll take losses to Phoenix and the Mavs before there is a shakeup in the lineup. I don't think we see Francis tonight.