1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2020.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nah Harden just sucked balls. It's okay though he's been great all season.

He looked hesitant on every drive and step back

darksoul35 and HewbieTrippin like this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

that’s what I’m talking about lol. You don’t think the whole team was hesitant last night? Just damn near everyone was trying to get Russ going lol. It’s ok difference of opinions I suppose.

darksoul35 likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ol reliable excuse. When in doubt, blame Tilman.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Its one game and everyone is freaking out. We still have a whole second half of the season to get out **** together. Rockets are fine.

D-rock likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nvm

#1426 fchowd0311, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I apologise for my comments concerning Clemens.

8. cmutt

cmutt Member

Well said.

No matter how many times other people make these same points, and no matter how many different ways these points are presented... there are always people who either A. Just don't see it, or B. Just refuse to see it.

As skilled and talented as they are, neither Westbrook nor Harden has won a championship, and there are some very simple reasons why...
    1. They lack some of the crucial traits that most champion players possess... The intangible things. All one has to do is look at the greatest champions of the past and look at ALL of the things that they did on the court to affect the game, and then notice how many of those things that both Westbrook and Harden simply don't do, or at least don't do consistently enough. It's all in the details... those intangible things... the things that make the difference between winning and losing.

2. They both have become, to a certain degree, prima donna's. For almost the entirety of their 11+ years in the league they have been allowed to play the game however they want, and pretty much do whatever they want... without much opposition, criticism, or accountability. Therefore they lack the leadership and discipline that's necessary in order to build and maintain a championship team.

They don't play smart, they don't value possessions, they don't always give maximum effort, they don't always show the hunger and desire to win, they don't lead by example, and they don't hold themselves accountable.

If Harden and Westbrook aren't those types of leaders, and if D'Antoni isn't that type of leader coach... then It's very unlikely to win a championship this way.

Bearded13 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, do you really believe everyone was missing shots, not taking shots, not able to drive to the rim, not able to manage even a layup, and simply being lazy and not giving it their best effort, because the purpose was to give Westbrook the glory? Are you serious? Just when I think I've heard it all, I am SMH once again.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

threw the game

[​IMG]

bro2044 and HewbieTrippin like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Im saying it played into their psychology and it definitely affected the game. Absolutely it did. Chris Webber made an interesting comment about that and this is from a player who’s been through these experiences. He said that players hesitate and they want the guy coming back to where they’re traded from to have a great game so it affects them and makes them hesitant and plays with their psychology. I believe this. A lot of the game is psychological if you haven’t understood this.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Well your opinion. Thank you for responding to mine.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that was incredibly laughable

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  14. lalala902102001

You could tell that Russ really wanted this game. Too bad the rest of the team didn't show up.

15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Disappointing effort from everyone on the team. Bad 3pt shooting night and the amount of missed layups.

It gets harder and harder to root for this team on a consistent basis. Somehow seeing CP3 and they way that organization has allowed him to influence their team made it all worst. I value Russ for being here and would try to be away from that debate, but the it's really amazing that 2 point guards that talented are such polar opposites on style.

After years of supporting them regardless of the context, you start to wonder if D'Antoni, James and Daryl understand the implications of letting this year go wasted, right now it looks like they are trying to prove a point. I can't believe that after many years we are somehow with a worst version of what we were trying to do. We told ourselves that injuries robbed us the championship with Yao and Tmac. What is going to be the excuse here?

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

well great you had a laugh. Thank you. But here’s the thing if you listened to what Chris Webber said there is merit to that in my opinion. He said players are hesitant because they want the guy coming back to have a great game. This plays on their psychology and their approach. This is from an nba vet that’s been there. Are house and tucker not playing well as of late yes absolutely. Did the whole team not look right except for Westbrook? Yes. Maybe the back to back had to do something with it? Perhaps. Was there psychological impact of feeding Westbrook? Absolutely. Now think about that. Hey if you still get a laugh cool dude your opinion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

here's the thing. if you pay attention, the west has a handful of teams that are literally within a game of each other and itll be that way just like last year til the end. to think the rockets are out here throwing games is just utterly dumb. school can't start back up again fast enough for some of you kids so we don't have to hear some of these ridiculous takes

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Well judgemental one you can argue with me laugh at me call me dumb then it’s your opinion. Your character speaks volumes or maybe you’re emboldened sitting behind a computer. Cool. By throwing I’m saying they didn’t play like they should. They didn’t play a complete game. That’s all. See how I’m not rude to you. Ok now you try. Or not. Peace.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah the actual thought of the rockets throwing games is dumb. whether you took that as saying you're dumb directly is at your own discretion. but yeah ill say it again throwing out the idea of throwing last nights game was indeed yup dumb

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

no ifs about it that’s what you said now that’s laughable. Would you tell your boss that? How about your parents or your children if they had an idea? Please. Don’t give me the BS it’s the idea that’s dumb not you nonsense. So if you understand this then stop saying **** like this. If you don’t give a damn then hey that’s on you buddy. You have to deal with that. But hey free country freedom of thought your opinion.