1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2020.

1. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

Of course, every player have weaknesses, even in the NBA thread there you should see how fans of other franchises stand behind their star players, last year when Westbrook was really bad for the Thunders, the OKC fans still respected him and gave him nothing but love, actually just look at the reception Russ got today from OKC fans, what did he give them that Harden didn't give us?

King1, HP3 and amaru like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Because...he's a bad defender haha. I really like him as a person and I love his shot...but man he really is like Gerald.

jcmoon and amaru like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

That bench is putrid. Thabo needs to be the next guy cut. If he was 5 years younger he'd be perfect but those tires are bald at this point.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Nah when the Lakers lost 4 straight they worried if age was a factor for LeBron and if lack of creators and consistent shooting was going to be a problem going forward.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

We are paying Capela 16M a year and his backups are vet mins and rookie deals. Capela is putting up the same stats as Gobert who is making 50% more so no, we dont have too much money tied to center slots. PF is the weak link and the prob there is Tucker is old but getting all the mins at PF.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do we have enough Fools Gold to make a big fake "Golden Nugget" Tillman can trade for a stretch 4 who CAN make a difference?

amaru likes this.
  7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

We had money tied in front court spots but ownership either let the salaries expire or traded them away with picks and let those salaries expire.

amaru likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I said we have too much money tied up in the center AND guard slots....not just the center slot. (Also, don't forget about Nene and his 10 million dollar cap hold.....or whatever those "likely" incentives add up 2)

9. amaru

amaru Member

I'm convinced that Ryno signing cost us a title.

fattz likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The difference between Westbrook and Harden that makes fans stick by him in terms of deficiencies is for Westbrook, the deficiency isn't hustle and effort, it's a lack of shooting ability. For Harden, it's his entire persona when things don't go his way. He becomes flat footed, Never runs on transition defense, Stays on one spot on the floor for entire possessions, Ball watches on defense, will hold on to the ball for 20 seconds dribbling the air out of the ball on one spot of the court, Pull a TMac in Toronto game consistently just standing near the half court line while watching his team play, Decide to lay on the ground after a missed shot and complain at the ref while his teammates are playing 4 on 5 defense, foul hunts instead of trying to score the bucket.

Westbrook will dive for loose balls and sprint at full speed after a missed shot to attempt a transition chase down block even when things aren't going his way shooting the ball.

The only aspect of basketball Harden shows effort in is face up isolation dribble exhibitions. It also seems like the only part of his game he works on.

jcmoon, vick and deb4rockets like this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

instead of criticizing everyone for saying something remotely bad about CP3, it would be great if you just shed light on where you think CP ranks as a player in the WC.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

That would be nice but obviously we don't have a way to upgrade without trading Clint. We are only likely to add another minimum player if that. I still want Jeff green. He is easily better than both offensively and still can be solid on defense. PJ needs his minutes cut way down he is hurting us a lot more than we want to admit right now but maybe he can pick it up if we start saving his legs more.

amaru likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

You are correct. It's minimum guys from here on out unless Clint is moved (and that shouldn't happen during the season if he is). Green would be nice but I bet he's LA bound.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

as a player who cares what is rank is. he's still damn good. that's for sure. and for this team he was a great fit. that's all that matters to me

15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

That's a great excuse for a superstar. I'm sure he's the first superstar in history who received the majority of the attention. We're talking about that series, and he was definitely not the reason why they got to a game 7 (they lost their games after CP went down).

16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Good nitpicking numbers. Why didn't you look at his numbers when he actually won 5 championships? Maybe that'll give you a better idea.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well he's one of the first superstars where you know exactly what he's going to do each possession and is very predictable.

BasketMAD likes this.
  18. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

So the worse player who contributes less should be respected more because he "put more effort"? You might question Harden's heart and determination but that doesn't make your claim correct, he gets better year on year, that's what's real determination is about, and what the **** did we give Harden all this years?

A finished Dwight Howard, an injury prone CP3 that got injured at the worst moment in the playoffs, McHale, Bickerstaff, and MDA, and an owner that is more worried about salary cap than the team winning rings, and a fan base that bashes him at every opportunity (although I must admit I'm pretty sure this is a loud minority of the fans but it doesn't make them any less annoying) and to make matters worse our home crowd is sadly one of the worse ones in the NBA, I envy GSW and OKC and other teams for having loud fans at their home grounds.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I sure hope not. If he wants to actually get minutes this is the place to be. Both LA teams are pretty stacked at forward

amaru likes this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

it's pretty unfair you'd criticize everyone for not liking some parts of what CP brings, and you disclose nothing about what you think other than "he's a damn good player."

you seem to think a lot of people thinks he sucks. if you think everyone's opinion is wrong, you should do your due diligence and disclose where you rank this guy.