1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL god man....this is why you can never have like...thoughtful conversations about our losses. Its always the same dumb stuff being spouted afterwards.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All I can say is if we meet them in the playoffs, we better have home court. That was one of the worst games I’ve seen this season. We were like a gaggle of chickens with their heads cut off, racing around the barnyard wondering what happened. It was like Alfred Hitchcock came back from the dead and decided to see if he could top Psycho.

[​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope we won't meet, OKC is playing for the 6th seed too.

4. riko

riko Member

This garbage performance was in the making. We saw it slowly creep into the play over a sustained period that it was becoming alarming. They defense was farcical

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but the center shouldnt even be in your sentence since Clint is literally underpaid for what he is doing. Nene's caphold isnt guaranteed iirc he will only he paid 4M which is around what his vet min salary is anyway give or take a million.

We are def guard heavy but thats cuz Harden, WB and Ego are all guards. Rox will most probably trade Ego for a forward next year for better balance unless he pops off in the playoffs.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

No because they have beef despite what the Cp3 lovers claim lol

7. JW86

JW86 Member

I know Clutch said if we'd lose this game then it would be made bigger than the actual loss itself, but this was downright pathetic. It showed all our flaws: lacks of ability to hit open shots, Harden lazily jacking up shots and not defending, the whole team looking for calls and whining about it, offense stagnant, nobody besides Westbrook who can successfully drive to the basket, no length, D'Antoni inexplicable small ball tactics against a big team, lack of good passing once a guy gets it from Harden who is being double-teamed, etc. We have some serious issues on defense in terms of mentality and some serious issues on offense with the lack of plays and playmakers.

Look at the Thunder, they had several guys driving to the basket in Ferguson, CP3, Shroder and Gallo with everybody simply hitting their open shots. Give Billy D a Harden and that team is a contender. D'Antoni needs to go, not just because of himself, but also because of Harden. You see when he doesn't hit shots how he becomes, time and time again, he disappears and just ISOs relentlessly. Even the passes he gave when he couldn't get past his man were just out of frustration.

Lastly, did you see how Harden made Gallo almost trip and had the mid-range 2 but instead went out to the 3pt line - after being 0 for something - gave Gallo time to recover and jacked up a 3? That's the epitome of Moreyball and MDA's failures with their stat driven moronic theories which Harden has bought into. Kudos to Westbrook, he was the sole positive though some of those turnovers are serious headscratchers, but you take the good with the bad. CP3 also balled out, very impressive.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

When Harden can’t make shots, his lazy game is hard to watch. Worst basketball.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yes

Rocket River
    I said what I said

BigShasta, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If Gallinari has more FTs than Harden, we ain't winning 99.9% of the time. It is only 1 game and on a back-to back games, but I was hoping Rockets bring it Night-In and Night-Out. If we were to comeback from that we would have to crawl back, inch-by inch, not feet-by feet. 2 nights ago, the Hawks came back by driving to the basket at-will. Rockets wanted to come back by shooting it back in, the chances of that is like the percentage of 3 pointers make. We took the night off except Brodie. And Chuckster was right, he correctly predicted the game and that is sad.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Evidently OKC played flawless defense. . .no fouls at all almost

Rocket River

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Okc role players >>>>>>>>>> HOU role players.

Sucks that they sht the bed for Russ and got they asses blown out and pushed in. CP3 nutmegging and clowning on us?

Morey what the fk you waiting on?

buffalobills!!! and da_juice like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Off Topic
    But - I often wonder on the 60+ page Game Threads . . .esp losing ones
    (Which they usually are. ..when we win it is about 40)

Who actually watched the current game and who is simply there to run the continuous narratives?
    Simple come in to say the same thing they been saying . . . .except they are quiet when we win

Rocket River

BigShasta and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . I am ok now. . . I mean CP3 has gotten his revenge
    Its out of his system

I suspect this won't happen next time

Rocket River

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Glad I didn't stay up for the 4th!

What I saw was a stinker. But I'm not too surprised; you could kind of sense it coming. It's just one game - we'll be ok.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There is some merit to this normally, but this was a huge nationally televised game with many more eyeballs than the prior night's game.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One of those that watched last night's game. Ask me anything.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You hit so many nails on the head there. Yes, last night's game exposed some serious weaknesses. Our defense is absolutely horrible. This game had a whole lot wrong going on, and much of it was inexcusable.

Two glaring deficiencies you mentioned that we need to address ASAP (1) We have nobody but Russ who can successfully drive to the rim, and
    (2) We have no length.

Morey and Tillman better do whatever is humanly possible really fast. Come on Tillman, you are rich enough. Dig deep and pay some luxury tax to give us a fighting chance this season. Get us that stretch 4 with length who can drive to the rim and defend like a man, and not a mouse.

19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I am a prophet :eek::p

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Same song and dance every time

HP3 likes this.