1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG, I've been hearing that every time we have a game like this, and last night's was the worst of all. I watched every minute of that game and that wasn't easy. We are not gonna be OK with this roster in the playoffs.

We need a couple big men to come in and fight on defense. Right now all we have are what look like a bunch of little blind mice, who can't find their man and keep with him.

bro2044, cheke64, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Russ almost teared up in that after game interview. His fans treated him well. You know though, you have to love a guy who puts every ounce of effort into every play. It's more than just being a great shooter in a team sport. There is not time to pout, flop arms, give up, not get back on defense, stand around, dribble dribble, play lazy, and all that other nonsense we watched last night

BeBreezy, ak99999 and jcmoon like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I knew it!

The sky is falling again!!!!!

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Morey? It’s tilman who you should be asking and telling to lay off the LTS

ak99999 and Gray_Jay like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Media conspiracy

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Right before tip off I had a feeling the Rockets were gonna lie down like dogs and have another pathetic effort of a game since it's been a couple weeks since the last one (Christmas). And low and behold, here we are.

Westbrook played well, props to him. Everyone else took the night off.

ak99999 and eman like this.
  7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Was Gallinari trying out for our squad last night? Cue the Scola, "He look okay" gif, I guess. As much as we all love PJ, we really need to improve that position. And PJ off the bench would hopefully offer more effective 3-and-D minutes, and be especially useful whenever we need one big stop. Gallinari, Kevin Love, Anthony Randolph, Jeff Green... And how is Anthony Bennett rehabbing? If Morey doesn't improve our 4, I'll be surprised if we get past the first, and shocked if we get past, the second round. Murray, please, git'r'done!

BigShasta and ak99999 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

morey can do absolutely nothing if tilman doesn't give him the go and not worry about LTS. anyone who thinks otherwise are kidding themselves

9. macan

macan Member

i'm not surprised. it's bspn. they just want to make shiit up. they want two LA teams in the west final. and we are blocking their path.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I guess we have different definitions of "ok."

I never viewed this team as a title contender. I view our ceiling as top 4 in West and making the 2nd round of the playoffs. This team just isn't good enough to do more than that, and no one we have the ability to acquire will raise that ceiling. We are who we are.

YOLO likes this.
  11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Tilman is stupid for not letting Morey go into the tax. You need salary like Iman or Knight or hell - Anderson - to make moves to take on salary that can actually help you. Cutting costs to field this paper thin roster and hoping for the best is insane. Look at the depth we had in 17-18. That's what you need to contend.

12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Gallinari makes 22.6 this year. Who do you want to send back for him that make a combined 17 or so million dollars? Love is even worse, at a cap value of nearly 29 million.

Yes, Morey needs to get it done, but it's hard to bake a cake without flour, eggs, or an oven.

I feel bad for WB. Sounds like he was one of the few Rockets to really bust his ass last night. Unacceptable lazy play from James. Not that he's going to change.

BeBreezy and eman like this.
  13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

What would they need to acquire---assume salary doesn't matter---in order to seriously contend for a 'chip? Stretch 3&D who can play the 4, yes. Who else?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd say a couple versatile wings, a good big guy, and probably a Westbrook replacement.

Gray_Jay and J Sizzle like this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Fair enough. I just had higher hopes this year.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If we replace Westbrook then we lose the one player who gives it his all every minute of every game. He is the only one who can be counted on to get to the rim and score every game. Should he take more than 3 shots from behind the arc? No, but giving him up won't help our glaring deficiencies around our guards. Yes, we need better, bigger, and more efficient forwards who don't simply rely on taking wide open 3 pt shots and have length to defend the big men.

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Team took a collective dump on the court.

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden was awful again last night. Where is PJ?

Russ played very well. Love it or hate his fit here the dude always gives 100% I can't say that about any of the other dudes on this team.

This teams effort is their main problem. Half into the season it won't turn around and won't magically come on during the playoffs. This team and coach minus Westbrook just have a nonchalant attitude too many times during the season. They will never ever reach that 17-18 team status where they play every game and players held each other accountable. Of course we are missing guys that lead like Trev and CP3.

If you truly believe this team can win a title or even make it far in the playoffs it's going to be a rough ride for you.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Y’all know the rockets threw that game right? The purpose of that game was letting Westbrook get his. Harden was deferring a lot last night not as aggressive. The whole team just fed Westbrook whole night. It was psychological because they wanted to ensure Westbrook got his in an emotional and significant return to OKC. We are ok. What’s not ok though is Tucker’s and Danuel houses play as of late. Too hesitant and can’t shoot. Not sure what the issue is.