1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John wall giving Jalen Green that work in practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Pressure alone takes 20% off your accuracy. I'd imagine NBA defenders take at least 50.

i3artow i3aller and burlesk like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nice like half a decade ago pre Achilles tear 25 year old Wall stats are relevant.

We all watched him last year chucking up brick after brick without even looking at his team mates

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

"laid back" that’s one way to put it… :)

4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So his career stats don't matter in deciding whether he's a career selfish player? Maybe don't reply to discussions you haven't read the rest of, saves everybody time and makes you look less stupid.

34to11, jiggyfly and NewAge like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the stuff take makes young guys better. Steel sharpening steel.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's utter nonsense, easily refuted. People act like Wall was Steve Francis or just putting up empty late-career westbrook stats his whole time in Washington. He ran the team, coexisted with Beal who became the primary scorer, helped get Otto Porter a $105,000,000 contract

Wall was an all-NBA and all Defensive team point guard, his peak was overshadowed due to toiling in Washington and Harden, Durant, Curry etc going supernova at the same time, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a really good player who made his team and teammates better.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

There’s a reason Harden didn’t want to play with Wall.
    But go ahead and pretend y’all watched the wizards during Walls prime. I was unhappy about the Westbrook wall trade when it happened because I knew it didn’t make us better. Paul Pierce said it himself that the Wizards and specifically Bradley Beal was better off without Wall after he retired. He said he tried his best to mentor Wall when he was there and bridge together the relationship but too often him and his teammates were frustrated with each other. The wizards best season was when Pierce came there for one year. Because he was that veteran that ultimately would take over the huddle and leadership role when it was lacking and that wasn’t even something he wanted to do But he had to because it was lacking in DC. John Wall was basically phased out of DC. Passively. The same way he’s being phased out of Houston. Yall refuse to see what’s right in front of you. John Wall said to the press “we have a tendency to dislike each other on The court” i regency to Bradley Beal when he was coming into the league. Thats John Wall leadership. The wizards best years were always when they brought in older players like Pierce or Ariza

#47 mac_got_this, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  8. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Defender should yell "AND NONE!"

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd rather play a three guard lineup. Wall, KPJ, Green. KPJ will never be an elite PG, its just not his game. Harden spoiled us by turning into an elite 11APG point god when he first switched and I saw the Rockets actively try that with KPJ to this day and try it with Jalen in the summer league.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There is, and this reason was because he was already on his way to Brooklyn to play with KD.

Harden demanded a trade in October, told Russ in November, which he spent i LA with KD, and then Russ demanded a trade and Wall was acquired in December.

This is all extensively documented and we all remember it, so I don't know who the **** you think you're fooling.

Derp...I don't have to pretend, here's me noting John Wall's 2017 dark horse MVP candidacy. Here's me documenting the 2019 Rockets at Wizards epic game. Here's the 2015 rocket-wizards recap.

Not worth responding to the rest of your post.

Sit down.

34to11, kubli9, REEKO_HTOWN and 6 others like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Damn @SamFisher had to pull out the receipts. I like that.

34to11, burlesk and SamFisher like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden did not want to play in Houston with this **** roster it had very little to do with Wall.

And none of this refutes the fact that Wall has been a leading assist guy for his entire career.

Paul Pierce did nothing that great they lost in the second round like always.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So your eye test and the king of salt Paul Pierce are your argument against factual stats and tangible data? That's not how it works in the real world, sorry.

jiggyfly and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Peak John Wall was one heck of a player... Might not have been the best teammate, maybe. I remember even Gortat had some passive aggressive b****y comments about Wall when he was shut-down. Gortat! Who owes his career to Wall...

I always thought that he would be a 2-year reclamation project for us. Two year absence is just too long. I thought his year one (last year) was quite OK. He's still young, only 31. I thought he'd get back more of his old-self the second year. Oh, well...

burlesk likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We live in a world where about half of Americans believe a vaccine is a tracking chip. The real world sucks balls right now.

Dobbizzle and jiggyfly like this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

See this is how I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. You can’t jsut pull up basketball reference to look up the Stats to tell the whole story on the impact Pierce had on that roster.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Paul, is that you? Just because you were nicknmed the Truth, doesn't mean we're going to buy into your bullshit fantasies of greatness...

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He didn’t say anything but post his love fest and observations. I’m positive I’ve been able to see more live game experiences of Wall then he has.
    Peak wall was a great athlete, not a great basketball player. He doesn’t run a fluid well machine offense. Never had and never will. Y’all falling for those 10 assists averages because like I said y’all just looking at stats. Well here’s a stat for you to prove what I’m saying. Wall was never too 5 on the wizards team in any season he played for them in his prime in ORTG. He was always well below the team average. That’s an advance stats. The other guards in the team always had better/higher ORTG than Wall. And Gortat wasn’t the only player to complain about Wall. He was the only one to do it vocally to the press.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF are you talking about?

This is not about stats it's bout winning, you could not refute the fact that won the same with him than without him so you came up with this bullshit response.

The crazy part is using stats is the only thing that good possibly refute what I said.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I respect your argument because I was never in the group that thought Wall was a franchise player. Very good player, yes but not a player that can anchor a team. That being said, offensive rating stats are sometimes deceptive. Who do you think led the team in ortg the year we went to the WCF in 2018-2019? If you guessed Chris Paul or James Harden you'd be wrong.