1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Gioan Baotixita

This is my one and only account.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No it isn't.

3. Gioan Baotixita

Your question has been addressed in my other posts. What I post here or in the other places in this forum is none of your Fukking business. You’re just an ******* who goes around calling people troll. Give it a rest man. And I’m done with you.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To call this arm chair quarterbacking is the understatement of all understatements. Really the best you've got here is some chest beating statement where you are basically saying "Well we just WOULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER!!!".... okay.

-Biden said yesterday that the former government of Afghanistan had a big hand in how the evacuations went, and asked them for more time to stay. I assume you just think Biden lied?? Boy that's a convenient argument for you to make.

-You think the US didn't provide the Afghan army with enough resources???... Now that's just hilarious. More than 83 BILLION dollars has been spent on the Afghan army and police. The money had to go through the government which led to corruption, and was a big part of why Afghanistan's government never worked. The people didn't believe in them, and they only saw them as out for themselves to make a buck. They didn't fight the Taliban the past two weeks not because the US didn't give enough food and weapons. They didn't fight because they didn't have anyone they wanted to fight for. They only cared about protecting their families, and they thought the best route to do that was to strike a deal with the Taliban behind the backs of the the US .... (which is where my main criticism has been that we had crappy intelligence on this front).

-Back in May the US destroyed hundreds of millions of dollars in military equipment and sold it all for scrap metal. This was widely reported, and you have the gall to tell me I should get educated on this topic when you are clearly misinformed yourself? Yes... there will be some equipment left behind. Do you think the Taliban via the new Afghanistan government will enough revenue coming in to pay for even a days worth of flying an F18? Do you think they have anyone even remotely qualified to fly that thing? Do you think the US left a MOAB lying around or something??... I mean geezus this argument is so dumb.

(However yes, the Taliban run government in a few years are going to be an issue to deal with if they make deals with countries like Russia and China to get scientists, engineers, etc. to ramp up a legit military threat, but right now Afghanistan was the 2nd poorest country in the world. They do not have the ability to operate a functional threat of a military even with a few assets left behind by the US)

-Next point - How again is Afghanistan an Ally? Yes there are thousands of fighters who fought alongside the US and lots of citizens there who are innocent and deserve a better life. However the country of Afghanistan is not an Ally. They are not part of NATO. They aren't really a country to begin with especially now. Just a collection of poor regions of people who people from your side of the Isle think are a threat to come to the US as refugees. (Please tell me again your stance on refugees coming to the US). Yes the US will be abandoning alot of innocent civilians and former fighters who have now surrendered. Biden just announced he'd be sending 6,000 troops to get these people out of the country. They are told by the Pentagon that up to 8,000 people a day can be rescued. We'll see how successful they are at this, but it's quite the stretch to say that our credibility will be at stake because the US gave up on an Ally on the battlefield.

-Your mention of the Fighting Season is funny... especially since the Taliban ARE NOT FIGHTING. This is a political takeover up to this point. This point to me makes no sense whatsoever.

So again all your points are basically "blah blah.... Trump just would have done the same thing.... BUT BETTER!!"... Please tell me what evidence you have from the Trump administrations handling of essentially any issue that was handled in a more orderly fashion??

Listen to Trump's own National Security Advisory talk about the incompetence, and dysfunction of working for Trump and tell me again that this guy you voted for would have done a better job?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

It really hasn't. You have public post history. You haven't posted once in the subforum that is the most important reason people sign up to post here which is the GARM. Not once.

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. Gioan Baotixita

So you’re trying to make a connection between an American of Viet descent that has concerns about our open border versus calling out that POS who’s willingly dropping our friends and allies that fought and died alongside with our troops to their enemies?
    Is there any wonder why no one trusted America anymore?

7. fchowd0311

Shut up dude.

20 years we spent training the ANA including 1 year of my life to that cause. At a certain point you can't keep holding their hands. They are extremely incompetent and rife full of corruption. The ANA is so ****ed and corrupt where there is this thing called "ghost soldiers" where higher up officers make up fake soldiers in their rosters so they recieve more money.

Our mistake was assuming that the ANA can at least hold off the Taliban for a month while we evacuate rather than a god damn week. That is where the entire issue here was. Too much trust in the ANA providing a a slightly longer time frame.

DVauthrin, Nook and TWS1986 like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I've been an active observer in this thread and yup it's kinda funny/odd that someone would sign up on a Rockets fan forum only to post exclusively in D&D.

9. Gioan Baotixita

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's not odd...it's absurd lol. Especially considering the Rockets actually have a pretty exciting young draft class and there's plenty of discussion on it

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Got em.

12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Usually that's what a troll account does.

Nook and steddinotayto like this.
  13. steddinotayto

I'm still fairly green to all things D&D so my trolling experience has been limited to what I saw jopat/basketballholic posted in the the Rockets forum.

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This guy is worse (if you can believe that)

steddinotayto and TWS1986 like this.
  15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DVauthrin, Jayzers_100, King1 and 4 others like this.
  16. steddinotayto

Aside from the vietnamese part, this sounds very jopat/basketballholic-esque.

Also, as a Vietnamese-American, I'm embarrassed at what I've read thus far from this guy.

DVauthrin, Nook, King1 and 1 other person like this.
  17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The best part is that he didn't change or hide his birthday... lol.

DVauthrin, Nook and steddinotayto like this.
  18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lordy. I didn't even see that.
    G1.jpg
    G2.jpg

Nook, Jayzers_100, King1 and 3 others like this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's not even trying to hide it...can't believe he misses this forum so much he'd burn a 20 year old account for a few dollars in gambling debts. He should be the current poster boy of the GOP.

20. steddinotayto

It's kinda sad and pathetic tbh.

King1 and Andre0087 like this.