1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Latest on Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justcallmejoe, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

it's time!

for deke ****

2. Rob English

Rob English Member

You've succeeded in scaring the crap out of me. Doesn't sound good AT all.... do you work at Herman Memorial Hospital or something? Dammit, we can't catch a break, can we?

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

right, it's not april 1 yet. :D :D

4. yaomac11

yaomac11 Member

5. wayright

wayright New Member

so do i think

6. alexanderwang

alexanderwang New Member

me too!!

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL he uses his first post to request a ban upon a poster. Thats awesome.

8. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

and here comes the second one..what a thread this is turned out to be.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ankle sprains are not a simple injury and in many instances never fully heal 100%. My right ankle still swells up a bit when I play ball since I turned it badly 13 years ago.

I am not an expert by any means, but I'd be surprised it was anything more then to assess the amount of damage and see if there's any long term treatment / rehab that needs to be applied.

Usually these things are about looking for how the ankle is healing and making sure there's no bone spurs or whatever that is causing the pain. I'd imagine it's completely precautionary (and a few days of rest probably won't do much anyway) and he'll likely have to play through it until the season ends (or after the olympics).

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

yao is fine.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

12. francisfan4l1f3

"Moe" you are a wanted man

13. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

How do you know that?

I've checked several sources and still, there is no latest updates about Yao's MRI?

14. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

There goes any chance of me sleeping tonight

15. Glacier

Glacier Member

Yao does need a little rest time.

This season, when Yao has 3+ days rest, his numbers are 24.1 pts/14.5 rbs asts/2.1as/3.0 blks/2.8 TOs :eek: (there are just 8 games though). When he has 2 days rest (5 games), his numbers drop a little to 23.2 pts/11.4 rbs/3.6 asts/2.4 blks/2.2 TOs. When has 1 and 0 day rest, those numbers drop significantly to 21.4/9.7/1.8/1.9/3.5 TOs and 21.5/10.9/3.2/1.6/3.8 TOs.

Of course, he played more minutes with 2+ days rest (~39.4 mins) than with 1 and 0 day rest (~36.2 mins).

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If there were polls, I'd trust his info. However, this Yao injury might be not worth mentioning publicly, but is talked about behind closed doors. That kind of info is unique, but it's not worth much and no one should get fired over it.

However, if you're an insider spreading news like this, expect to be talked to in the third degree.

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Latest update??? How late and how update???

We all knew he turned and twisted that left ankle when he fought for a rebound versus Yi Jianlian in the China Derby II in Milwaukee February 2.

He had not time to take care of it.....but he had kept on playing for the whole month of February.

And as late as morning of February 25, he was practicing in Toyota Centre (which I had posted in a separate thread); and as late as February 25, Jonathan Feigen in a Q&A with fans in his blog was also brushing off the sprained ankle as non-issue.

And as late as now (February 26, 14:30pm) China standard time, which is February 25 mid-night Houston time, there were no reports/articles in any of the Chinese websites about this Yao Ming taking a MRI on his sprained ankle on February 25.

So do you know something that we don't know? Or Big Yao was rushed to hospital for MRI on his sprained ankle during the afternoon, evening or in the middle of the night of February 25 that all the Chinese reporters stationed in Houston were either missing in action or all asleep, and missed reporting?

Can you provide any link or other substantiative proofs on this Latest on Yao thread that you've created?

#39 pryuen, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Collin Pine?