1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Ming out tonite???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kegray34, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

What's up with everyone calling Yao, "MING" now?? It's been said atleast 3 times I know his names are backward, but still it seems odd to me..:confused:

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

What's the difference? Some call Tracy "McGrady", some call McGrady "Tracy" and some call Tracy McGrady "T-Mac"

:)

Edit: I put the wrong smilie in

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I hear ya, but how often do you hear him called that here??

4. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

You bet!

5. justcallmejoe

justcallmejoe Contributing Member

The flu bug got to Yao, he will be out tonight. Right now he's weak and lost his voice, don't think he fainted, though... :confused:

6. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I think that he did, after Keith Jones told him that there is a thread on the clutch board indicating that he fainted during practice.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Well it can't be cause he wants to celebrate new years..since they have their own.

8. clove

clove Contributing Member

You'd think that after he puked in the lockerroom, and we knew about his flu since the Bucks game, he should get couple of days off... If anything, you don't want anyone else on the team to get the virus.

By the sound of it, he might be out for at least a week, possibly more. We need to play great D without Yao. I hope he can come back before the PHX game. I am really looking forward to that one.

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Quit making stupid assumptions, nobody is even 100% sure of what happened and what his condition is at this time...:rolleyes:

10. clove

We know this much:
    He had the flu since the bucks game.

He puked after the Cavs game.

He will not play tonight.

That sounds like a pretty nasty flu. You don't get over a nasty flu in a week.

I was making an assumption, but calling my assumption stupid is stupid.

11. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Its stupid to be negative and always think about the worst things that could happen...I dont know how serious this "flu" is but I kind of doubt that he will be out more than a week...and even if I did think that, I wouldnt post it unless I was a Dr. and examined him....might jinx him otherwise and he really will get something that will put him out for a week..

:eek:

12. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Maybe the flu was caused by Yao missing Boki so much.

Anyway, I doubt that he will miss more than 2 games.

13. clove

Assuming I am not a doctor is stupid. :)

I do hope I didn't jinx him. I'll do some VooDoo to make sure he gets well soon.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Without Yao, we're basically the 2002-03 Orlando Magic.

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

And with him we are the 2004-05 Houston Rockets.

16. sun12

sun12 Member

If you fly a lot, you will get cold often because of closed air in the airplane.

I used to fly a lot and caught cold often. Since I stopped, I haven't got a cold for 2 years.

17. rvpals

rvpals Member

But this 2004-05 Houston Rockets team with TMac and Yao is sure to contend for championship in the near future. We all agreed that last season's magic or even this season's magic is not goin to contend for a championship.

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I wouldnt post it unless I was a Dr. and examined him....might jinx him otherwise and he really will get something that will put him out for a week..

What makes you thinks DOCTORS know about the flu or colds and treat them any better than you or I?

This is fact: if you have the flu and you did not go to the doctor, it will take you an average of 2 weeks to recover( some sooner, some later..)

This is also fact: if you have the flu and you did go to the doctors, it will take you an average of 2 weeks to recover( some sooner, some later..)

Doctors don't cure anything, your own body heals you, specifically your immune system!

19. ebu

ebu Member

Thats pointless to the thread, but a GREAT QUESTION....
    ANYONE KNOW???

20. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Tamiflu comes to rescue. Oops, too late. :(